|"Age of Innocence"|
|←||L&O, Episode 16.04||→|
|Production number: 16005|
First aired: 12 October 2005
| Written By|
The murder of a man shortly before he was due to take his wife off life support sparks controversy when both suspects have iron-clad alibis.
- Dennis Farina as Detective Joe Fontana
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Annie Parisse as A.D.A. Alexandra Borgia
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Derek Cecil as Steven Lamar
- Beth Dixon as Pam Lamar
- Peter Bradbury as Walter Bird
- John Aylward as Reverend Harlan Dwyer
- Mary Bacon as Shelly Denton
- Fred Burrell as Phil Lamar
- Shavonne Conroy as Alana Sanders
- Timothy Devlin as Mitch Randolph
- Michael Hayden as Attorney Carvey
- Arabella Field as Susan Alfani
- Deborah Hazlett as Allison Wyatt
- Robert Jimenez as Detective Paul Garcia
- Stephen Kunken as Dwight Connelly
- Selenis Leyva as Detective Mariluz Rivera
- David Lipman as Judge Morris Torledsky
- Diane Martella as Marianne Sharp
- Marlon Morrison as Detective Danny Koniak
- Caitlin O'Connell as Lucille Barney
- Max Vogler as Howard Kondore
- Gina Rice as Karen Barrows
- Rusty Ross as Mark Gretna
- Thomas Ryan as Judge Robert Garfunkel
- Mary Shultz as Marla Denton
- Tim Smallwood as Robert Barrows
- Stewart J. Zully as Detective Chambers
- Lauren Reeves as NBC News Reporter
- Erik Lochtefeld as Cropley
- Rick Johnson as Court Clerk
- Michael Hobbs as Doctor
- James Hallett as Reporter #1
- Tim Ewing as Attorney
- Kim Ders as Protester #1
- Wiley Moore as Protester #2
- Christine Bruno as Bethany
- Ellen Reilly as Spectator
- Barbara Sullivan Drum as Jury Foreperson
- Alok Tewari as Ali
- Robert Bizik as Witness (uncredited)
- Tim Brennan as Rodney (uncredited)
- Diana Brownstone as Reverend Dwyer's Associate (uncredited)
- Sonny Vellozzi as Gallery Member (uncredited)
- Erin Winebark as Conservative Christian (uncredited)
- Jack McCoy: That is in the hands of a higher power, Reverend. The Criminal Justice System.
- Harlan Dwyer: There was no personal interest in this for me.
- Alexandra Borgia: Your press conferences say different.
- Harlan Dwyer: You arrested me because of what I stand for, not because of what you think I did.
- Joe Fontana: We arrested you because you're a bomb-throwing phony.
- Ed Green: The whole country's been looking for him for two years. He's always one step ahead.
Background information and notes
- The title of this episode refers to a 1920 novel of the same name by Edith Wharton, which won the 1921 Pulitzer Prize, and a 1993 film directed by Martin Scorsese based on Wharton's novel.
| Previous episode:|
| "Age of Innocence"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.