|←||L&O, Episode 19.17||→|
|Production number: 190--|
First aired: 25 March 2009
| Written By|
Ed Zuckerman & Matthew McGough
A murdered television news reporter was investigating allegations that a billionaire Wall Street investment adviser was a fraud, but figuring out who killed her proves to be difficult
- Jeremy Sisto as Detective Cyrus Lupo
- Anthony Anderson as Detective Kevin Bernard
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Linus Roache as Executive A.D.A. Michael Cutter
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Sam Waterston as D.A. Jack McCoy
- Edwina Findley as Detective Jasmin Burton
- Patrick Noonan as Detective Jim Pedraza
- Audra Blaser as Dawn Prescott
- Jennifer Mudge as Sue Martin
- David Rasche as Joe Delaney
- Jill Eikenberry as Irene Matson
- Edward Herrmann as Frederic Matson
- Alex Manette as John Lane
- Jennifer Mudge as Cheryl Martin
- Randy Blair as Stan Berry
- Gregory Waller as Al Lee
- Caris Vujcec as Sharon Lee
- Chris Evan Welch as David Haig
- Felix Solis as Livan Santana
- Amy Warren as Assistant M.E. Steele
- Maggie Lacey as Ms. Matson
- Joe Ricci as Bailiff
- Gabe Fazio as Cameraman
- Stephen Graybill as Uniform Cop (uncredited)
|“||35 years ago, I won an Overseas Press Club Award for my coverage of the fall of Saigon. Now, I make happy talk with morons in low-cut dresses. My career has been dead for a long time, I just – I just haven't had the decency to bury it.||”|
- Frederic Matson: (grinning) I confess.
- Cyrus Lupo: To murdering Dawn Prescott?
- Frederic Matson: No no, to fraud. Really big fraud.
(on Dawn Prescott)
- Sharon Lee: You had a drink with that woman?!
- Al Lee: At a press conference.
- Sharon Lee: What's drinking have to do with a press conference
- Al Lee: A liquor company press conference.
- Connie Rubirosa: What do you think? Catholic Children's Charitable Trust might have popped Decker and Prescott?
- Michael Cutter: American Poetry Foundation. That's a cutthroat bunch.
- Jack McCoy: Nice parents, huh?
- Michael Cutter: Yeah, they love each other. They don't love anyone else.
Background information and notes
The episode is based on the Larry Mendte case. Mendte is a Philadelphia news anchor who was charged with accessing co-anchor Alycia Lane's e-mails without her consent.
| Previous episode:|
| "Anchors Away"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|