|←||SVU, Episode 17.21||→|
|Production number: 17021|
First aired: 11 May 2016
| Teleplay By|
Julie Martin & Warren Leight and Brianna Yellen & Robert Brooks Cohen
Brianna Yellen & Robert Brooks Cohen
The producers of a reality dating series make Benson and the SVU part of the show when they investigate a contestant's claim that she was raped.
- Mariska Hargitay as Lieutenant Olivia Benson
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Peter Scanavino as Detective Dominick Carisi, Jr.
- Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba
- Larisa Oleynik as Lizzie Bauer
- Mather Zickel as John Valentine
- Rachael Emrich as Gigi Danson
- Comfort Clinton as Melanie Connor
- Caprice Benedetti as Tammy Ledder
- Adam Gregory as Ryan Ledder
- Jordan Bondurant as Graham Turco
- Wendie Malick as Regina Prince
- Michael Gross as Jeffrey Prince
- Shannon Thornton as Ashley S.
- Ava Lange as Ashley B.
- Adam Perry as Emmett Weaver
- Jones Miller as Mrs. Connor
- [When Carisi and Rollins are watching "Heart's Desire"]
- Carisi: Did you see what I just saw?
- Rollins: She wasn't acting. Did they just air a rape?
- Fin: Maybe you guys were distracted, but, uh, reality shows are all fake. You know that, right?
- Rollins: Not last night. They want drama. They want fairy tales. They don't want rape, and you saw they cut away as soon as Melanie started to freak out.
- Olivia: Did she report it?
- Rollins: Who knows if the producers let her make a call? They don't allow access to the outside world.
- Carisi: Yeah, it's like Stockholm syndrome. I mean, with all these headlines, plus the amount of calls we're getting from concerned viewers, including the Chief of D's wife...
- Rollins: We should at least just go and ask a few questions.
- Olivia: Okay, so go talk to Melanie, but I'm interested in our reality, not theirs.
- Barba: This girl didn't realize she was raped until she saw it on live TV?
- Olivia: I know, I know.
- Barba: I get the "she said". What's the "he said"?
- [After Barba plays an incriminating video about the Princes]
- Jeffrey Prince: She filmed this? Is that even legal?
- Barba: You put cameras in Melanie's hotel room without her knowledge and then aired it on national TV. That's a felony.
- Olivia: Not to mention your little cover-up. That's another felony. Aiding and abetting a rape? That puts you on the registry.
- Regina Prince: Oh, come on. You... you can't be serious.
- Barba: We are. What's that other show? "Let's Make a Deal"?
- Melanie Connor: I don't know what I'm gonna do when I get home. I feel lost.
- Olivia: That's normal. It takes time, Melanie, but you will get through this, I promise.
Background Information and Notes
Episode scene cards
Heart's Desire Triplex
| Previous episode:|
| "Assaulting Reality"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.