|←||SVU, Episode 10.06||→|
|Production number: 10006|
First aired: 11 November 2008
| Written By|
Summary[edit | edit source]
The grisly murder of a homeless man leads detectives to four high school girls with a pregnancy pact. After their pact is revealed, somebody drives the girls' ringleader to an apparent suicide.
Plot[edit | edit source]
Josh Galli, a homeless schizophrenic, is horribly castrated and set ablaze. While initially suspecting the work of vigilantes, the squad ultimately discovers the culprit is Alec Bernardi, who thought Galli raped and impregnated his sister Tina. However, she not only confesses the sex was consensual, but she revealed herself to be part of a pact made with her friends. Their leader Fidelia Vidal is also pregnant, forcing Fin and Stabler to find the father. However, as he is arrested, Fidelia apparently commits suicide over threatening emails, which are traced to Peggy Bernardi, mother of Alec and Tina. She is charged with the crime and almost convicted until a remark made by Tina made Stabler and Munch realize Fidelia's ex-boyfriend Max Matarazzo was in the house that night. On interrogation, he confesses killing her over rage of being rejected. Though cleared of the charges, Peggy is again arrested for assaulting Greylek. Tina becomes worried over being alone and pregnant until Stabler brings Josh's father, who offers to help raise his grandson.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main cast[edit | edit source]
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Michaela McManus as A.D.A. Kim Greylek
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast[edit | edit source]
- John Cullum as Judge Barry Moredock
- David Thornton as Defense Attorney Lionel Granger
- Mike Doyle as C.S.U. Detective Ryan O'Halloran
- Joel de la Fuente as T.A.R.U. Lieutenant Ruben Morales
- Frederick Strother as Judge Siburt (scenes deleted)
- Erica Bradshaw as Court Clerk
Guest cast[edit | edit source]
- Jesse McCartney as Max Matarazzo
- Geoff Wigdor as Donald "Dizzer" Zuccho
- Bridget Barkan as Sara
- Phillip Ettinger as Alec Bernardi
- Jessica Varley as Fidelia Vidal
- Ray Abruzzo as Gordon Vidal
- Kathrine Narducci as Adrianna Vidal
- Michael Badalucco as Tom Galli
- Brittany Robertson as Tina Bernardi
- Debi Mazar as Peggy Bernardi
- James McMenamin as Seth
- Charlotte Colavin as Judge Pongracic (voice only)
- James Strauss as Bianca's Father
- Donna Missal as Bianca
- Magdalena Crujeiras as Carlotta
- Wesley Broulik as Waiter
- Matthew Crosby as Dining Man
- Jennifer Butler as Bianca's Mother (uncredited)
- Tom Fortunato as Court Attendee (uncredited)
- Ashley Klein as Donald's Date (uncredited)
References[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
(watching Munch act like a crazy homeless man)
- Stabler: Gotta admit, he does crazy good.
- Tutuola: What are you talking about? It's the same crap he spouts every day, just louder.
- Elliot Stabler: What's on the menu tonight?
- Melinda Warner: Barbeque.
- Benson: Fedelia, you need to screw your head on straight. This is a baby we're talking about, not a new shade of lipstick.
- Fidelia: So what's your story?
- Benson: Excuse me?
- Fidelia: You have kids? You're pretty old.
- Benson: I'm here to talk about you.
- Fidelia: I bet you're jealous. Old chicks are totally jealous of me. Is that it? Did you wait too long? Tick-tock...
- Fidelia: Do you want to see the awesome stroller I picked out?
- Benson: Fidelia, this is a baby we're talking about. It's not an accessory, it's not a bracelet or a pair of earrings or a slamming pair of jeans. This is a living breathing human being you're bringing onto this earth
- Fidelia: You think I don't know that?
- Benson: If you did you'd be petrified about your future. Do you know the odds of a teen mom finishing high school? Forget college, or any other dream you might have. Life as you know it is over. There's no going to the mall or hanging out with your friends. I mean you might see them but it'll probably be in line waiting for food stamps, or all of you going to the doctor trying to get an appointment at the free clinic.
- Fidelia: Daddy, make her be quiet.
- Gordon: That's enough, detective.
- Benson: Do you know the health risks to babies of teen moms? Dyslexia, retardation, um, increased risks of blindness, cerebral palsy.
- Fidelia: Daddy!
- Gordon: Don't you blame my daughter. She's just a child.
- Benson: That is my point exactly.
- Stabler: Are you alright?
- Greylek: Fine. Collar that bitch for assault.
Background information and notes[edit | edit source]
- The name "Fidelia Vidal" is ironic, as it evokes fidelity and life, while the character cheats on her boyfriend and ends up dead. Whether or not this was an intentional irony is unknown.
Episode scene cards[edit | edit source]
Trial Part 67
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit