|←||L&O, Episode 8.21||→|
|Production number: K2524|
First aired: 29 April 1998
| Written By|
The investigation following the stabbing of a police officer could determine D.A. Adam Schiff's fate in the upcoming election. Meanwhile, Briscoe's troubled daughter Cathy is arrested for drug dealing, and his partner Curtis is wounded in the line of duty.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Cliff Gorman as Judge Gary Feldman
- Jennifer Estlin as Cathy Briscoe
- Lynn Cohen as Judge Elizabeth Mizener
- Robert Vaughn as Carl Anderton
- Mark Lotito as Detective Mallory
- Julian Gamble as Judge P. Slattery
- Isabel Gillies as Monica Johnson
- Geoffrey Nauffts as Defense Attorney Peterson
- Neal Jones as Mr. Flynn
- Ana Gasteyer as Monica's Social Worker
- Ilana Levine as ACRC Attorney Emily Schoener
- Tom Wiggin as Christian Alliance Attorney Ross Sanders
- Joe Quintero as Jesse Rosado
- Timothy Wheeler as Johnson
- Michael Hyatt as Rachel Willis
- Stephanie Berry as Dolores Weston
- Mark Price as DJ Freaky
- Laurie Williams as Sharon Sutton
- Robert DeBlasio Louis Salvi
- Phyllis Kay as Gina Salvi
- Robert Hatcher as Martin Butler
- Karen Bergreen as Emma Govans
- Dyron Holmes as Isaac Alvarez
- Jason Kolotouros as Tilden
- Rico Rosetti as Uni Quintana
- Michael Croman as Jury Foreperson
- Lyndon B. Johnson (36th U.S. President)
- Richard M. Nixon (37th U.S. President)
- Vietnam War
- American Civil Rights Committee (ACRC)
- Christian Alliance
- "Oh, you want to take me on, little girl? Well, let me tell you something. You better be packing more than a dirty mouth."
- – Anita van Buren
- Adam Schiff: Whatever gave you the idea the district attorney's office was your family law firm?
- Carl Anderton: Whatever gave you the idea that it wasn't?
- "Screw you and your dead cop!"
- – Monica Johnson
- "Remember what LBJ said when they were hammering him about Vietnam? "Felt like a hitch-hiker on a highway in a Texas hailstorm, can't run, can't hide, can't make it stop." I'm putting you on that highway, Adam."
- – Carl Anderton
- "Feldman's people sent out feelers, he wants to debate me on television. A lot of good it did Nixon."
- – Adam Schiff
Background information and notes
- This episode appears to be ripped from the headlines of the Karla Faye Tucker case. Karla, along with a partner, killed 27-year-old Jerry Lynn Dean with a pickax. After killing him, they decided to kill Dean's friend, Deborah Thornton to eliminate her as a witness. Karla Tucker was sentenced to death through lethal injection and was executed on February 3, 1998, becoming the first woman to be executed in the state of Texas since the Civil War. (Karla Faye Tucker at Wikipedia)
- The events of the episode occur over the course of six months. While discussing with Monica Johnson about her religious conversion, McCoy mentions she's been in prison for six months.
Episode scene cards
City Welfare Agency
Court of Appeals
| Previous episode:|
| "Bad Girl"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|