|←||CI, Episode 1.20||→|
|Production number: E2124|
First aired: 28 April 2002
| Written By|
Marlane Gomard Meyer
While investigating multiple murders in a brownstone, Goren and Eames discover that the killings were staged to look like a murder-suicide.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Viola Davis as Sergeant Terry Randolph
- Robert Clohessy as Officer Phil LeGrand
- Jack Koenig as Ron Sherwood
- Mark Nelson as Mancuso
- Susie Essman as Ron Sherwood's Secretary
- Beulah Quo as Cecilia Wang
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Mary B. McCann as Mandy Sherwood
- Mark Casella as Ronnie Jakes
- Michael McCormick as Forensics Technician Hinman
- Lawrence Clayton as Munson
- Kevin Nagle as Arliss
- David Healy as Mel
- Micki Grant as Pauline
- James E. Moriarty as Donner
- Peter Patrikios as Young Uniform Johnston
- Chris McGovern as Con Ed Meter Reader
- James Williams as Safety Officer Morris
- Donnie Casler as Billy Sherwood
- Sebastian Sozzi as Benito
- Aaliyyah Hill as Simone
- Jason Flores as High School Student
- James Coffey as Ricky (uncredited)
- Goren: Suicide by stabbing. Was there a note?
- Eames: This whole house is a note.
|“||What you got in here? Prime rib and ... wow! Is that a lobster wiggling around down there?!||”|
- Goren: Terry Randolph. He's been with school security almost 2 years. He was Phil Legrand's supervisor.
- Eames: Well, here's one reason why Randolph might've been denied for detective. Terry Randolph's a woman. Funny how that detail escaped your powers of observation.
- Goren: Actually, uh, Randolph, he had other problems.
- Randolph: Detective, I prefer being addressed by my rank.
- Goren: Cluster Sergeant!
|“||Clerical mistake, my ass. She got to him.||”|
–Alexandra Eames about Arliss
- Goren: Well, I can vouch for his assistant.
- Eames: Denise? You dog.
- Randolph: If something's important enough, you find a way. We're frugal.
- Goren: Oh! My partner's a miser. I'm frugal... and neither of us could afford a house, two kids in a private school...
Background information and notes
- Actress S. Epatha Merkerson makes a crossover appearance as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren. Merkerson plays the same character on Law & Order.
- When Eames is looking through the files of police officers that could fit the psychological profile of the killer, the name "James B. Sheridan" is on one of the files. James B. (Jamey) Sheridan plays Captain Deakins on the show
Episode scene cards
- Randolph could possibly be based on Antoinette Frank.
Office of Ron Sherwood
Office of Lt. Van Buren
CSU Technical Division
Office of A.D.A. Ron Carver
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|