|←||CI, Episode 4.19||→|
|Production number: E5420|
First aired: 10 April 2005
| Teleplay By|
Gina Gionfriddo & René Balcer
The disfigurement of a doctor's wife leads to the discovery of a murder under similar circumstances from the past.
When Lisa Ross is brought into the emergency room with a severe case of chloracne, suspicion quickly turns to her husband Greg, a well-known dentist, especially after she dies. During their investigation, Goren and Eames hear whispers about Lisa's infidelities, but the real break comes when they learn that Lisa was not the first woman to whom Greg Ross had been connected who had died of the same symptoms.
Dr. Gregory Ross' wife, Lisa Ross, is mysteriously poisoned with dioxin and ultimately dies from the poisoning. The culprit turned out to be one of her pub quiz group partners, Colleen Dexler. Colleen Dexler knew Dr. Greg Ross from years before when he was engaged to her prettier sister, Morgan Dexler. Little did Dr. Ross knew Morgan was cheating on him. He ultimately found out, had a private investigator prove it and killed her via dioxin poisoning. Ross eventually married again, this time to the beautiful Lisa but she too was unfaithful. Instead of Ross finding out, Colleen found out and was in actuality the one Lisa was cheating with via an online relationship. She persuaded Lisa, under the guise of being Lisa's online "suitor", to insert a mixture of cocaine and dioxin within her vaginal cavity. Thus, Lisa was poisoned with dioxin. When Ross was about to go down for both murders, he pointed the detectives in the direction of Colleen. Colleen eventually confesses she was the one to poison Lisa but that she didn't kill her sister, although she didn't say it was Dr. Ross either, although she knew. The police knew Ross killed Morgan Dexler however and he too went down for murder. Before being led away, she admits she killed Lisa because only she truly loved Dr. Ross and that it was her mother's fault that Morgan was dead because Colleen never would have cheated on Dr. Ross but the mother just HAD to push Morgan into Dr. Ross' life. Carver thought Dr. Ross probably was in heaven having landed two beautiful women on separate occasions but Goren concludes the episode by saying "Beauty, it's a beast."
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Katie MacNichol as Colleen Dexler
- Elizabeth Hobgood as Lisa Vanston Ross
- Nathan Dean as Dr. Belkin
- Celia Weston as Joanne Dexler
- Bronson Pinchot as Dr. Greg Ross
- Stephen Barker Turner as Adam Riggins
- Cullen O. Johnson as Mike Vanston
- Karen Shallo as Carol Vanston
- John Braden as Dr. Braden
- Carla Harting as Dr. Amy Cantello
- Lucas Caleb Rooney as Matty Cullen
- Sanjiv Jhaveri as Dr. Patel
- Cornell Womack as Detective Kahn
- Eva DeVirgilis as Marcia Cullen
- Richard Hoehler as Zifkin
- Billy Merritt as Jack
- Evan Neumann as Rudy
- Cheryl Stern as Karen
- Lianne Kressin as Migdalia
- Lucy McMichael as Helen
- John Rue as Quizmaster
- Cindy Cheung as Layla
- Dar Riser as Mauricio
- Joyce R. Korbin as Moira
- Patricia Dalen as Cecilia
- Daniel Gonzalez as Louis
- Robert Goren: Beauty, it's a beast.
- Alexandra Eames: Now your night nurses recognize it cloracne. We can thank that Ukrainian politician for that.
Background information and notes
"The Good Child"
Law & Order: Criminal Intent