|←||SVU, Episode 14.11||→|
|Production number: 14012|
First aired (US): 9 January 2013
First aired (UK): 26 February 2013
First aired (CAN): 9 January 2013
First aired (AUS): 14 March 2013
| Written By|
Jean de Segonzac
Plot[edit | edit source]
SVU clashes with the Suffolk County DA, who is prosecuting a recent rape victim for her boyfriend's murder whilst the apparent rapist is suspected of framing the rape victim by the SVU.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main Cast[edit | edit source]
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Danny Pino as Detective Nick Amaro
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch (credit only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen (credit only)
Recurring Cast[edit | edit source]
- Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba
- Aida Turturro as Judge Felicia Catano
- Tony Campisi as Defense Attorney Steve Roth
- Renée Elise Goldsberry as Defense Attorney Martha Marron
Guest Cast[edit | edit source]
- Jane Kaczmarek as D.A. Pam James
- Yvonne Zima as Jesse Sturgis
- Shamika Cotton as Carol McEwan
- Todd Gearhart as David Elias Dickie
- Craig "muMs" Grant as Eddie Baker
- Robert Lupone as Gabriel Gorromini
- Dan Debenport as Judge D. Aidala
- Enver Gjokaj as Michael Provo
- Jonathan C. Kaplan as Sergeant Richie Russo
- Joseph Masi as Tommy Bandolce
- Matthew Foster as Counselor Gunther
- Aymee Garcia as Operator #1
- Antonio De Marco as Shep Morrissey
- Bridget Megan Clark as Ally
- Carson Grant as Larry Banks
- Nicholas Damiano as Matthew Sturgis
References[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Pam James: [to Barba] You attack the integrity of my office, you're in for the fight of your life.
- Michael Provo: [to Pam James] You'd really sell me out, Pam? After everything I've done for you? You'd still be putting your tits on the table for traffic court judges if it wasn't for me!
- Barba: [about Jessie Sturgis after she's arraigned for murder] We're in someone else's courthouse and it's not our case. She's their defendant.
- Olivia: I know, but she's also our victim.
- Barba: Ms. James, what brings you to town?
- Pam James: I was heading to the governor's fundraiser when I heard that your SVU minions arrested Mr. Provo in Islip.
- Barba: Yeah, they said traffic was terrible coming back.
- Amaro: [to Carol McEwan about Michael Provo] See, we know Provo's M.O. He was having a relationship with you while your husband was away.
- Carol McEwan: You can't prove that.
- Olivia: Carol, it's what he does. He takes advantage of women who are already in trouble.
- Carol McEwan: I love my husband.
- Nick: Did Provo threaten to tell Eddie about your affair?
- Carol McEwan: I'm Eddie's whole world. If he finds out, he'll kill me, then he'll kill himself.
- Olivia: And we don't want to have to tell him, but there's an innocent woman who's looking at 25 to life.
- Carol McEwan: So you're gonna blackmail me into doing what's right? Who's taking advantage of who now?
- Olivia: Jessie, we had to withdraw charges.
- Jessie Sturgis: What? But he raped me. He beat me. He left me bleeding in the street.
- Olivia: Barba had to make a deal to get you out right away. That was... that was the priority.
- Jessie Sturgis: And the rape never happened?
- Olivia: Legally, no. Jessie, take Matthew home. You won.
- Amaro: [about Jessie] Raped, put in jail, her kid taken away. I don't know how she held it together.
- Olivia: She did it for her son.
Background information and Notes[edit | edit source]
Episode scene cards[edit | edit source]
Gorromini & Sons
Suffolk County Courthouse
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit