We're Getting Mutants in the MCU - The Loop
Do you like this video?
|←||CI, Episode 2.02||→|
|Production number: E3205|
First aired: 6 October 2002
| Teleplay By|
Marlane Gomard Meyer
Marlane Gomard Meyer & René Balcer
The murder of a child services worker and a deputy mayor first has Detectives Goren and Eames tracking a physically abusive man until they discover the female victim's special interest in a child prodigy.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Tim Guinee as David Bishop
- Liam Aiken as Robbie Bishop
- Lisa Eichhorn as Dr. Leonard
- John Hillner as Deputy Mayor Bill Webster
- Phoebe Jonas as Kim Stevens
- Joshua Burrow as Adolph Kulik
- Charlotte Booker as Mrs. Rasmussen
- Gabriel Millman as Charlie Rasmussen
- Aleta Mitchell as Phyllis Munroe
- Eric McLendon as Dave Wood
- Jennifer Albano as Joan Kulik
- Joe Gonzalez as Detective Genaro
- James Hindman as Detective Richland
- Patty Parker as Reporter
- Rick Shapiro as Manny
- Robert Goren: Looks like Webster had a passenger, sat close to him. Wore a purple cashmere sweater.
- Alexandra Eames: Tight-fitting size 2 with a plunging neckline.
- Robert Goren: Mm. That I can't tell from this.
- Alexandra Eames: I can tell from the bull he was feeding his wife.
- Robert Goren: The Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory. It tests social adjustment.
- Alexandra Eames: I remember this. We had to take it the last year of high school.
- Robert Goren: So did we.
- Alexandra Eames: How'd you do?
- Robert Goren: I had to go to my counselor's office and have a talk with the school shrink. How about you?
- Alexandra Eames: Me? I was so well adjusted, they elected me prom queen.
- Alexandra Eames: There can't be that many places in town that give mortarboards to baby Einsteins.
- Dr. Leonard: Please, you are going to disturb the children.
- Robert Goren: Are they working on that problem, on the board?
- Dr. Leonard: Yes, this is a special math tutorial.
- Robert Goren: Really? These little kids are gonna solve that?
- Dr. Leonard: These are profoundly gifted children.
- Alexandra Eames: You have to forgive my partner, Dr. Leonard, he's feeling very humble right now.
- James Deakins: I smell square one up ahead.
Background information and notes
- This episode was based on "genius" Justin Chapman. Justin's mother Elizabeth fabricated his test results, and made him study an IQ test booklet before taking the exam. This led to the world's highest IQ. Justin was the youngest person ever to enroll in a for-credit course at the University of Rochester. His grandparents wanted to have full custody over him, but Elizabeth remained his primary caretaker.
- In this episode the Riemann hypothesis is mentioned; one of most important unsolved problems in mathematics, which has been an open question for almost 150 years, despite the effort of many respected mathematicians.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent