|←||SVU, Episode 18.06||→|
|Production number: 18006|
First aired: 9 November 2016
| Written By|
Rick Eid & Jeffrey Baker
The CEO of a record label and his protege are questioned by police due to their links to an assault of a transgender art student in a public restroom.
- Mariska Hargitay as Lieutenant Olivia Benson
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Peter Scanavino as Detective Dominick Carisi, Jr.
- Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba
- Sonia Manzano as Judge Gloria Pepitone
- Ngozi Jane Anyanwu as Officer Perlina Edozi
- Dewey Wynn as CSU Tech
- Wyclef Jean as Vincent Love
- Mitchell Edwards as Randall "Hype" Leonard
- Rodney Richardson as Logan Blake
- Okieriete Onaodowan as Cash Lewis
- Will Swenson as Defense Attorney Mitch Hampton
- Sabel Gonzales as Eva Carson
- Jacqueline Torres as Nina Carson
- C. David Johnson as Mark Carson
- Alet Taylor as Liza Johnson
- Ruby Taylor as Sophia Johnson
- Jay Klaitz as Panda Club Owner
- Renata Hinrichs as Professor
- Molly Leland as SANE Nurse
- Rae Nelson as Kate
- Matthew Vitticore as Jury Foreperson
- Matthew Weschler as Employee
- Benson: Well, Eva's father said that...that you two were fighting last night.
- Blake: It wasn't serious. I love Eva.
- Rollins: Yeah. Let me count the ways. "I'm tired of your lies". "I'm starting to despise you". "I wish you'd disappear".
- Benson: I mean, I'd hate to see your serious arguments.
- Carisi: I listened to a few of your songs. You're obviously not a big fan of gay and transgender people.
- Hype: Man, it's just music, a'ight?
- Carisi: You know what? My favorite line is, uh, "when a tranny looks your way, got to make sure the dude pays. Cap to the head. Boot to the grill. All you bitches know I ain't 'fraid to kill."
- Hype: Keep at it, G. You could be the next Eminem.
- Tutuola: And you could be the next brotha from Harlem doing time if you don't tell us what your punk ass was really doing yesterday afternoon.
- Benson: That kid thinks because he's in love with a transgender woman, that he's gay. He's confused.
- Barba: Well, we tried. It was a good deal. It was almost too good. Either the guy has got a lot of confidence in this lawyer...
- Benson: Or he's being handled. That lawyer is in Vincent Love's back pocket. Any time one of his rappers gets jammed up, good old Hampton gets a call.
- Carisi: So?
- Benson: "So"? So the real client is Vincent Love, not Hype.
- Barba: He's allowed to pay the legal fees as long as there's no conflict of interest.
- Benson: No conflict? He just talked Hype out of the best deal that he is ever going to see, because he's protecting Love's brand. They're transphobic, homophobic and if they have to sell Hype out in the meantime, you know, convince him to stay street, so be it.
- Barba: I don't disagree, but it's not my problem. I've got a trial to win.
Background Information and Notes
- The episode was originally scheduled to air on November 2, 2016, but it was delayed by a week due to the competing World Series Game 7 event.
Episode scene cards
Mercy General Hospital
Law Offices of
| Previous episode:|
| "Broken Rhymes"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|