|"But Not Forgotten"|
|←||CI, Episode 3.04||→|
|Production number: E4504|
First aired: 19 October 2003
| Teleplay By|
Gerry Conway & René Balcer
Plot[edit | edit source]
In order to investigate the disappearance of a woman, Detectives Goren and Eames follow the trail from IRS tax audit to a property owned by a corporation which was used as a front for illegal activities. The detective then deal with a number of other dead people, including the victim's brother, a hitman who botched a work and was beaten to death two years previously. The evidence seems to point to a jailed mobster, who is due for parole, until a suspect linked to all the murders is also found dead.
Nevertheless, it is not long before the detectives find patterns of evidence that point toward a crooked former policeman who is married to the hitman's widow, and a scheme of revenge none of them expected.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main cast[edit | edit source]
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
Guest cast[edit | edit source]
- Terry Serpico as Earl Carnicki
- Liz Larsen as Frieda Merced
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Don Amendolia as Michael Carling
- Alicia Coppola as Isobel Carnicki
- Tom Mason as Truman Merced
- Abraham Alvarez as Jimmy Limone
- Lawrence Nathanson as Josh Bern
- Ann Gray as Georgina Helms
- Joe Gonzalez as Detective Rodriguez
- Jordan Leeds as Anson McDonald, Jr.
- Patti Karr as Mrs. Merced
- Judith Delgado as Yolanda Guerrez
- Frank Liotti as Richie Limone
- Tim Artz as Bennie Messina
- Denny Bess as Bolivar
- C.C. Seymour as Lacey
- Jillian Crane as Josie
- Brian Hyman as Nelson
- January LaVoy as Rozlyn
- Michael Mastro as Hymie
- Katherine Cunningham-Eves as Cara
References[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Robert Goren: These marks have an interesting pattern...
- Alexandra Eames: You keep doing that, I'm going to drop this kid right here.
- Ron Carver: I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You have an offended mobster and his son, a case of mistaken identity, an incompetent hitman, a hitman's widow, a hitman's missing sister, a corrupt cop… and now another dead killer. It's operatic.
- Alexandra Eames: If anyone deserves to have the curtain dropped on him, it's Earl.
- Robert Goren: This all came off the dog?
- Lady: Hm-hmm, those crumbs. He must have stepped in something. It's all over his hind legs.
- Alexandra Eames: I don't even want to know what that smells like.
- Robert Goren: It smells like coffee.
(Eames smells the dog)
- James Deakins: So much for passing out brains with those gold shields.
- Ron Carver: If anyone objects to letting Ms. Carnicki off the hook, now would be the time to tell me.
- Robert Goren: Maybe we should see who she marries next.
- Alexandra Eames: What a lucky man he'll be.
- Michael Carling: Your search warrant says I have to let you search his office. It doesn't say I have to answer your questions.
- Alexandra Eames: Oh that's right, that would take a subpoena from the grand jury.
- Alexandra Eames: Ugh! And I thought that dog was ripe!
- Robert Goren: It's very, uh...uh...assertive.
- Lady: Frieda didn't find any takers.
- Alexandra Eames: Yeah.
- Robert Goren: Sheep's milk. It's, uh, Rochetta.
- Alexandra Eames: You can tell that just from the smell?
- Robert Goren: Label.
|“||They whacked the wrong lawyer.||”|
Background information and notes[edit | edit source]
- Eames' noticeable sensitivity to smell is obviously a side-effect of her pregnancy.
|"But Not Forgotten"
Law & Order: Criminal Intent