|←||SVU, Episode 8.08||→|
|Production number: 08008|
First aired: 21 November 2006
| Written By|
Dani Beck becomes attached to a little girl named Eden after she was one of two children in a van that was driven into the river. Investigation discovers a tape found in the vehicle which turns up the killing of a nine-year-old girl in a "re-birthing" ritual, a violent and thus controversial attachment therapy technique. Dani tries to do the right thing by saving Eden but is torn when it seems as though there is nothing she can do to help. The investigation into the re-birthing turns up a foster family who abuses the children in their care, but not all of the children agree that it was abuse - which winds up affecting Dani when Eden proves not to be what everyone thought she is.
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson (credit only)
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Connie Nielsen as Detective Dani Beck
- Philip Bosco as Judge Joseph P. Terhune
- Isabel Gillies as Kathy Stabler
- Mike Doyle as C.S.U. Detective Ryan O'Halloran
- Viola Davis as Defense Attorney Donna Emmett
- Linda Powell as Lauren White
- Allison Siko as Kathleen Stabler
- Elle Fanning as Eden
- Margo Martindale as Rita Gabler
- Leo Burmester as Bud Gabler
- Marlyne Barrett as Alma Cordoza
- Louis Mustillo as Frank Hovis
- Bob Ari as Ignatius Petty
- Ken Howard as Dr. Arlen Rieff
- Marilyn Chris as Dora Hovis
- Khaleel Carter as Marc
- Matthew Gumley as Joe
- Carmen LoPorto as Charlie
- Tomorrow Baldwin Montgomery as Wanda
- Gabrielle Brennan as Girl (voice)
Lydia Motel, Rebirthing therapy
- John Munch: Van tried to take a short cut to Brooklyn. The river got in the way.
- Casey Novak: There's no proof that it's a full and accurate account of what happened. I mean, the defense can say that in the missing sections a spaceship landed and aliens squashed the girl with a giant pumpkin.
- Stabler: Dani, this is not your fault.
- Beck: I can't do this.
- Stabler: Why?
- Beck: I fix things. It's who I am. But I can't fix the little girl.
- Stabler: That's not what we do.
- Beck: But I wanted to. And I thought I could. How do you keep doing this job?
- Stabler: Because I have to.
- Beck: Why? We don't make a difference.
- Stabler: Dani, you can do this.
- Beck: Are you asking me to stay?
- Stabler: Dani, I can't. You've gotta be here for yourself, not for me.
- Beck: Yeah. Goodbye, Elliot.
Background information and notes
- This is the last appearance of Dani Beck.
Episode scene cards
152 Staines Avenue
Trial Part 27
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit