|←||L&O, Episode 17.20||→|
|Production number: 17020|
First aired: 4 May 2007
| Written By|
As Green and Cassady try to prove that a pedophile was responsible for the murder of a young boy, they uncover evidence proving that the murderer was really another boy whom their suspect had held captive for five years. This forces McCoy to fight a defense attorney's claim that the boy's captivity made him a killer. After discovering that the boy had an abusive step-father, McCoy claims that the boy found a family in his kidnapper and was trying to get rid of his rival. Though he offers a deal, the boy, Tory, refuses it and is convicted of second degree murder. McCoy plans to go for the minimum sentence though and feels that no one won in the end.
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Milena Govich as Detective Nina Cassady
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- David Warshofsky as Roger Kraslow
- Julia K. Murney as Lisa Quinlann
- David Wilson Barnes as Doug Quinlann
- Michael Potts as Malcolm Young
- Brooke Smith as Ms. Kurland
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet
- Liam Aiken as Tory Quinlann
- Julie Lauren as Ellen Fogarty
- Rik Alan Walter as Michael Fogarty
- Angela Reed as Mindy Morgan
- Eric Saiet as Bruce Mayhill
- Maya Days as Officer Soto
- Ed Vassallo as John Lee Foster
- J.C. Montgomery as Judge Everett Mason
- Miles Kath as Kevin Fogarty
- Joseph Barbara as E.S.U. Sergeant Delgado
- Eric Zuckerman as Manager
- Lauren Martin as Calle
- Tyler Richards as Josh
- Peter Picard as Josh's Father
- Wendell B. Franklin as Uniform Sergeant
- Mickey Solis as Uniform
- John Coughlin as Driver
- Kathryn Alexander as Jury Foreperson
- Jason A. Drago as Prisoner (uncredited)
- Roger Kraslow: I know you think I'm a monster, but I loved [him] like a son.
- Connie Rubirosa: Like a son you sexually abused.
- Roger Kraslow: At first, yes.
- Jack McCoy: I'm not in any mood for a sob story! You're a predator, Mr. Kraslow!
- Connie Rubirosa (to McCoy): We're getting our ass kicked.
- Jack McCoy: Thanks for sugar coating it. Any suggestions?
- Dr. Elizabeth Olivet (about Tory): I think he viewed Kevin as a rival for Kraslow's affections as twisted as that was.
- Connie Rubirosa: Tory keeps dusting something off his jacket and in the courtroom I thought he was wearing makeup, like my sister used to wear after a rough night with her abusive boyfriend.
- Jack McCoy: How thoroughly did we look into the Quinlann family?
- Connie Rubirosa: Not that thoroughly, they weren't suspects.
- Connie Rubirosa: What if Tory was a well-adjusted kid from a good family?
- Jack McCoy: Not our facts. (pauses) I hope we never have to try that case.
- Connie Rubirosa: It was a good win Jack.
- Jack McCoy: Nobody won.
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|