|←||SVU, Episode 20.07||→|
|Production number: 20007|
First aired: 1 November 2018
| Written By|
The Special Victims Unit investigates when a father and his two young children are stabbed to death in their home; when the motives of the culprit are uncovered, Benson finds herself having mixed feelings about the nature of the crime.
- Mariska Hargitay as Lieutenant Olivia Benson
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Ice-T as Sergeant Odafin Tutuola
- Peter Scanavino as Detective Dominick Carisi, Jr.
- Philip Winchester as A.D.A. Peter Stone
- Alan Ariano as Judge Lee Wong
- Sandrine Holt as Dr. Lisa Abernathy
- Aida Turturro as Judge Felicia Catano
- Dov Tiefenbach as M.E. Fitz
- Tom Coiner as Officer Chuck Inslow
- Sasha Alexander as Anna Mill
- Gary Basaraba as William O'Boyle
- Johanna Tolentino as Ximena
- Scott Bryce as Bill Schwartz
- Michael Laurence as Tom Bernstein
- Soleidy Mendez as Delores Alverez
- Cesar J. Rosado as Emilio Alverez
- Georgia Kate Haege as Daria
- Keziah John-Paul as Mavis
- Chelsea Watts as Lilly
- Cyce Sadsad as Julianna
- Jake Casey as Charlie Mill
- Theresa Cantone as Foreperson
- Hillary Clinton
- Julian Mill (victim)
- Rachael Mill (victim)
- Gloria Steinem
- Dylan Thomas
- Fin: Who the hell stabs a kid?
- Officer: Top of my head? The Devil.
- Lisa Abernathy: [about Anna Mill] She's what the textbooks call a family annihilator. It's typically an upper middle class male - in this case, a female who can't stand to see their family suffer.
- Olivia Benson: So she kills them.
- Abernathy: In her mind, it's better than the alternative. It's usually triggered by a big financial setback.
- Peter Stone: Like when you're caught stealing from your clients.
- Abernathy: Her life is over. She wants to spare her husband and her children the pain of going on without her.
- Olivia: You killed them, didn't you, Anna? You did this.
- Anna Mill: Of course I did this. I had to.
- Olivia: You had to kill your children?
- Anna: Don't you see? They're so much better off now.
- Stone: Well, it's a start. Anna knew what she was gonna do the night before she did it.
- Olivia: Look, we're splitting legal hairs here. Insane, not insane. She kissed the nanny. She said "goodbye." She planned on killing her family.
- Stone: And she deserves to be punished.
- Olivia: Exactly. So what kind of legal system do we have if a woman like Anna Mill could end up in a hospital and not in prison?
- Peter: The jury couldn't accept that a sane woman would kill her children.
- Olivia: Who could?
- Peter: I meant legally sane.
- Olivia: I know what you meant.
Background Information and Notes
Episode scene cards
Law Firm of
Law Firm of
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit