|←||CI, Episode 3.17||→|
|Production number: E4519|
First aired: 28 March 2004
| Teleplay By|
Gerry Conway & René Balcer
Goren and Eames investigate the murder of a Doctor with an unusual medical theory regarding persons in a vegetative state, which helps them discover the killer.
The vegetative woman had stole from her company thousands of dollars and hid it in a fund, her husband knew this and so induced her state to earn all of it. When the victim wrongly believed she could communicate with the wife the husband killed her. Goren uses the man's own guilt to persuade a confession.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- John Savage as Mark Farrell
- Geoffrey Arend as Daris Macelvoy
- Guy Boyd as Burton Foche
- James Murtaugh as Ned Worley
- Judy Kuhn as Dr. Anna Ford
- Barbara Andres as Judith Worley
- David Manis as Charles Ergen
- Dee Pelletier as Laraine Farrell
- Phyllis Bash as Judge Gilcrest
- Heidi Landis as Nurse Morales
- Jim Coope as Detective Cunningham
- Tammy Morris as Nurse
- Tom Bloom as Neurosurgeon
- John Gallagher, Jr. as Gary
- Mike Macchio as Vic
- Dawn Evans as Woman
- Bard Goodrich as Technician
- National Guard
- Cat's Whiskers
- Ponchartrain Industries
- Law Offices of Burton Foche
- Robert Goren: Can you Google the medical applications for DMSO?
- Alexandra Eames: Either he's a psychic for Greenpeace or he's a liar.
- Robert Goren: Once a murderer, always a murderer.
Background information and notes
- The episode title "Conscience" was also used for the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit sixth season episode, " Conscience".
Law & Order: Criminal Intent