|←||L&O, Episode 9.02||→|
|Production number: E0205|
First aired: 7 October 1998
| Written By|
A vicious hate crime leads to a case involving a nervous eyewitness and the police's "blue wall of silence".
Detectives discover a shocking twist involving unlikely suspects when they investigate the brutal beating of a black man dumped near the highway.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- John Driver as Assistant U.S. Attorney Bob Gervits
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Michael Cullen as Borough Detective Commander James Dietz
- Larry Clarke as Detective Morris LaMotte
- Mark Kenneth Smaltz as Judge William Koehler
- John Ventimiglia as Officer Frank Dietrich
- John MacKay as Internal Affairs Detective
- Michael McCormick as Dietrich's Defense Attorney
- David Valcin as Officer Fratelli
- Russell G. Jones as Raymond Davis
- Joseph Ragno as Fratelli's Defense Attorney
- Michael Hannon as Officer Gil Sawchuck
- Pamela Isaacs as Mrs. Michaels
- Tom Mardirosian as Mr. Butler
- Mark Mineart as Officer Carlson
- Marilyn Chris as Gayatri Devi
- Johnny Lee Davenport as Reverend Theodore Dempsey
- Stephanie Cannon as Claudia Sawchuck
- Marcia Haufrecht as Linda Coffey
- Chuck Patterson as Cutty
- David Langston Smyrl as Artie Dickson
- Moira Driscoll Assistant M.E. Judy Summers
- Lee Cobb as Lieutenant Gilbert Rausch
- C.S. Lee as Kenny Chen
- Mike Lisenco as Krutsky
- E.J. Carroll as Officer Fenwick
- Jane Cronin as Sylvia
- Chevi Colton as Dottie
- Ted Neustadt as PBA Attorney Quinn
- Steve Coats as McHenry
- Keenan Shimizu as CSU Technician Hsu
- Lawrence Green as Forensic Technician Jackson
- Patrick Welsh as Mark
- Bob Cea as David
- Bart Tangredi as CSU Technician
- Jack McCoy (handing over the salad): I bought you dinner. I didn't know what you liked, so I got you salad, low cal dressing...
- Abbie Carmichael: Low-cal? Excuse me? I burn it, I don't store it. What did you get?
- Jack McCoy: Ribs.
- Abbie Carmichael (taking McCoy's dinner for herself): Oh. great. Looks good. I'll eat, you graze.
- Adam Schiff (in McCoy's office): Preposterous decision! Hogties every federal prosecutor in the country. And thanks to you, we're a party to it!
- Jack McCoy: The decision will be reversed on appeal six months from now. By then, Dietrick and the other two will be on death row.
- Adam Schiff: Or your letter of resignation will be on my desk!
- Abbie Carmichael (walking in): My [University of Texas] Longhorn pennant'll look good over there.
- Jack McCoy: Bite your tongue.
- Jack McCoy: Your first death sentence. You okay with it?
- Abbie Carmichael: Only one thing bothering me. Ray-ray, the squeegee man. The cops told him which one was Fratelli.
- Jack McCoy: I know. I told them to. Perfectly legal. We were never gonna use the identification at trial anyway.
- Abbie Carmichael: Legal or not...
- Jack McCoy: Major felonies, Abbie. Welcome to the Bigs.
Background information and notes
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
St. Cassandra's Hospital
One Police Plaza
U.S. District Court
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|