|←||SVU, Episode 7.01||→|
|Production number: 07004|
First aired: 20 September 2005
| Written By|
Detective Stabler goes undercover in order to catch a recently paroled rapist who he is convinced has returned to his old ways.
Stabler goes undercover as a sex offender to gain the trust of a serial rapist released from jail, but his cover is blown, putting his life in danger. But his plan goes a little too far when a young girl is almost raped. Stabler ends up revealing his identity to save the girl.
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch (credit only)
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak (credit only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Robert Patrick as Ray Schenkel
- Robert Walden as William Dorsey
- Jim Moody as Dr. Zuckerman
- Gordon MacDonald as Pete
- Umit Celebi as Leo
- Brittany Underwood as Kelly Browning
- Carrie MacLemore as Lucy Kozlowski
- Betsy Beutler as Kidnap Victim
- Tyler Alexander as Paramedic
- Timothy Patrick Klein as Security Guard
- Alyssa May Gold as Girl at Greyhound Bus
- Ray Schenkel: What kind of fool rapes a girl the day he gets out of prison?
- Olivia Benson: You, Ray. Because there's no cure for sex offenders!
|“||Radios don't have civil rights.||”|
- Elliot McEvoy: I went to prison for what I did
- Zuckerman: No, you went to prison because you got caught.
- Elliot Stabler: Let me tell you about that therapist, those guys got him wrapped around their finger, he's an idiot.
- Dr. George Huang: Well, I checked with the idiot and he's administering a diagnostic test before the session tonight.
(On loaning "Mack" the money for a van)
- Elliot McEvoy: You're just gonna trust me to pay you back, huh?
- Ray Schenkel: It's not like you're gonna rip me off. (grins) I know where you live.
- Ray Schenkel: Get the van. We'll have a good time with it.
- Elliot McEvoy: You're not a fag, are you?
- Ray Schenkel: (grins) No. I thought we could use it to pick up girls.
- Ray Schenkel: You in?
- Elliot McEvoy: Oh yeah.
|“||Mack, rage and lust are hungry beasts inside of us. The more we feed them, the stronger they get. Stop fighting things you can't change.||”|
- Elliot McEvoy: Fall off the wagon?
- Ray Schenkel: It's time for you and me to have some fun.
- Ray Schenkel: Put her down
- Elliot McEvoy: (drops the victim on the mattress) What now?
- Ray Schenkel: You go first.
- Elliot McEvoy: Well, I mean, you found her.
- Ray Schenkel: I wanna watch.
|“||You think it's over just 'cause the girl's gone? It's not over! We're just getting started.||”|
–Ray Schenkel, before knocking Elliot Stabler out
|“||I've always been a great judge of character. So I've been sitting here wondering how I could have been so wrong about you. (pause) Maybe I wasn't. Some of what you said was a load of crap, but not all of it. I can see it. You and me... we're brothers under the skin.||”|
Background information and notes
- This episode was filmed during season 6, but was held for airing until season 7.
- Starting with this season, Tamara Tunie (M.E. Warner) is the first medical examiner in the Law & Order franchise to appear in the opening credits, though she does not actually appear in this episode.
- Elliot's cover story about working at his sister's husband's body shop is taken from the season 3 episode, "Justice".
- In the beginning of the episode, there is a sign that says Elmira Correctional Facility, but the facility used is not the actual prison at Elmira.
- On the NBC website, the summary for Demons states that another man is responsible for the rape of Kelly Browning.
Episode scene cards
Division of Parole
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|