Father Richard Hogan
Father Chris Shea
|Date of birth|
17 January 1962
|Place of birth|
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Denis O'Hare (born Denis Patrick Seamus O'Hare) is an actor who played seven different characters in all three primary shows of the Law & Order franchise.
He also guest-starred on an episode of New York Undercover as Carson.
In 2011, he starred as Larry Harvey in the first season of the FX anthology series American Horror Story created by Glee helmers Brad Falchuck and Ryan Murphy with Dylan McDermott, Sarah Paulson, Alexandra Breckenridge, and Lily Rabe, for which he was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Miniseries or a Movie in 2012. He returned to the show in 2013, playing Spalding in American Horror Story: Coven and once more as Stanley in American Horror Story: Freak Show, the latter for which he earned a second Primetime Emmy Award nomination. For his performance in American Horror Story: Hotel as Liz Taylor, O'Hare received critical acclaim.
Law & Order
- Volunteers (1993) as Harold Morrissey
- Pro Se (1996) as James Smith
- Nullification (1997) as Phil Christie
- Under God (2003) as Father Richard Hogan
Law & Order: SVU
Law & Order: CI
- Last Rites (2008) as Father Chris Shea
- In back-to-back appearances, O'Hare played defendants who represented themselves pro se, James Smith and Phil Christie.
- He then later appeared back-to-back as a priest, first as Father Richard Hogan and then as Chris Shea in Criminal Intent.