|←||CI, Episode 5.02||→|
|Production number: 05002|
First aired: 2 October 2005
| Teleplay By|
Charlie Rubin, Warren Leight & René Balcer
In their first case together, Detectives Mike Logan and Carolyn Barek chase down a jewelry store thief with severe anger-management issues.
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Annabella Sciorra as Detective Carolyn Barek
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Rebecca Wisocky as Dede McCann
- Peter Scanavino as Johnny Feist
- Zoe Lister Jones as Mya Sampson
- Blanche Baker as Miriam Engles
- Adam Heller as Jack Engles
- Philip Levy as Kev Gustav
- Mateo Gómez as Zoilo Damaso
- David Rodgers as Dave Pullman
- Polly Adams as Norma Sutz
- Sanjit De Silva as Vijay Jolinari
- Larry Fessenden as Jack Boaz
- Matthew Simon as Roy Sampson
- Jack Luceno as Greg Sanchez
- Kevin Alexander as Detective Osepi
- Nick Choksi as Dr. Sanjay
- Lee Brock as Mrs. Craig
- Tamara Torres as Mrs. Damaso
- Nick Freni as Martino
- Michael Barry Greer as Morrie
- Adrian Martinez as Kellogg
- Bo Rucker as Buster
- Anna Berger as Amy
- Frank Senger as Gustav
- Josh Lewis as Garrett
- Kendra Leigh Landon as Elsa
- Dan Remmes as Alan
- Yanick Thomassaint as ZonZon
- Tiffany Thompson as Ronelle
- Peter Vouras as Jay
- Rajesh Bose as Hamal (scenes deleted)
- Jonathon Gentry as Mike (uncredited)
- --- as Rosie
Atlantic City; Briscoe, Lennie; The Bronx; Craig, Lucas; Double-Down Jewelry; Forest Hills; Fortran's Bar; Giuliani, Rudolph; Keno-Sabe Casino; Long Island City; Pullman's; St. Timothy's Hospice; Staten Island;
- Johnny Feist: $600 for a 1950s Hamilton -- you think I got ripped off?
- Dave Pullman: I don't know about antiques.
- Johnny Feist: I-it's eating me up inside...
- Mrs. Craig: Just take the jewels and go!
- Johnny Feist: (heavily agitated) You're giving me PERMISSION?!
- Dede Feist: You alright, sweetie?
- Elsa: I lost my job cleaning rooms, and my boyfriend took off with all my savings.
- Dede Feist: Tell you what, I got a few dollars I could spare if you help me fold some laundry. (hands the girl some shirts) You can start with my son's t-shirts. He's at work right now. Hey... can I get a smile, sweetie?
- Mike Logan: Rudy's not the mayor anymore, but that doesn't mean we can't still have some fun!
- Mike Logan: She could go back to one of her boyfriends. Real Romeos. (shows Johnny a photo) This one put her in the hospital twice.
- Johnny Feist: She won't just be with anybody.
- Mike Logan: She's got a $300-a-day habit, Johnny. She'll be with whoever can pay the bills.
- Mike Logan: Should've warned him not to expect any thanks.
Background information and notes
- This episode marks the first appearance of Detective Carolyn Barek.
- Logan's statement that an ex-partner was a great pool player was the franchise's first clear suggestion that Lennie Briscoe had, in fact, died since the real-life death of Jerry Orbach.
- This episode marks the first appearance in the franchise for actor Peter Scanavino. He would appear in a guest starring role in a season 14 episode of Law & Order: SVU before landing the role of Detective Dominick Carisi, Jr. on SVU beginning with season 16.
| Previous episode:|
| "Diamond Dogs"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|