|←||L&O, Episode 4.03||→|
|Production number: 69012|
First aired: 6 October 1993
| Written By|
Michael S. Chernuchin
A student charges a rock star with rape, but he claims that she consented to sex.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Jill Hennessy as A.D.A. Claire Kincaid
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet (credit only)
- Cynthia Harris as Defense Attorney Adele Diamond
- Tanya Berezin as Judge Rosalyn Lenz
- Fred J. Scollay as Judge Andrew Barsky
- Kurt Knudson as Judge Ari Waxman
- Lucy Deakins as Julia Wood
- Sebastian Roché as Clarence "C Square" Carmichael
- Avi Hoffman as Teddy
- Meighan Dobson as Marti Daniels
- Karron Graves as Patti
- Laury Marker as Dr. Wells
- Alex Wipf as Michael Wood
- Diane DiLascio as Sharon
- Amy Korb as Tina McCartney
- Ted Blumberg as Bobby Feinberg
- Boris McGiver as Desk Clerk
- Chris Ceraso as Manager
- Karen Byers as Sheila Pierson
- J. Grant Albrecht as Boyd
- Sam Fontana as Manning
- Joe Bacino as Shelby
- Lew Resseguie as Bartender
- Jim Siatkowski as Trial Court Clerk
- George Hosmer as Court Clerk
- William Pitts as Jury Foreman
|“||So you go up to this guy's hotel room? In my grandmother's day, it was etchings.||”|
–Anita Van Buren to Sheila Pierson
|“||"Shut your eyes and want it to be over?" That girl was raped.||”|
–Anita Van Buren
- [Briscoe and Logan catch C-Square]
- Briscoe: Clarence Carmichael?
- C-Square: Okay, you got me. I shot the sheriff. But the deputy, I swear, that was some other dude.
- Logan: [slaps the cuffs on C-Square] I just love rock and roll.
- Briscoe: Clarence Carmichael, you're under arrest for the rape of Julia Wood. You have the right to remain silent.
- C-Square: Yeah, you have the right to kiss my ass.
- Manager: Just keep quiet, Clarence. This is harassment. False arrest. You'll hear from our lawyers.
- Briscoe: Oh, no. Not the lawyers. I'm scared. You scared, Mike?
- Logan: I'm shakin' in my blue suede shoes.
Background information and notes
- This episode is based on the Mike Tyson rape allegation. In 1991, Tyson was convicted of raping Desiree Washington, a contestant for Miss Black America, in an Indianapolis hotel room and served three years of a six year sentence. Tyson made headlines again when he bit off part of Evander Holyfield's ear in a fight. In a 2003 interview with FOX's The Pulse, Tyson denounced both Washington and her mother, stating that he now "really did want to rape her". (Mike Tyson at Wikipedia)
Episode scene cards
Alexander's Bar & Grill
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|