|←||L&O, Episode 9.20||→|
|Production number: E0217|
First aired: 5 May 1999
| Teleplay By|
René Balcer & Robert Palm
The death of a corporate mogul caused by an overdose of a sexual performance-enhancing drug leads to a case with a witness that puts Curtis in a compromising position.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Julia Roberts as Katrina Ludlow
- Kathleen McNenny as Mrs. Sanderson
- Henry Woronicz as Mr. Hughes
- Gerald Anthony as Mario
- John Rice as Judge Richard Tabachini
- Daniel Hugh-Kelly as Julian Spector
- Edward Herrmann as Attorney Mosbeck
- Ira Hawkins as Reverend Jenkins
- Ben Lipitz as Dick Marcus
- Craig Wroe as Harris Wollinsky
- Dimitri Christy as Driver
- Daniel Murray as Gilbert Sanderson
- Alexander Blaise as Massimo
- Nancy Duerr as Mimsy
- Gwendolyn Lewis as Brooke
- Steve Rosenberg as Bartender
- Jimmy Palumbo as EMS Technician
- David A. White as Uniform
- Dustin Evans as Foreman
|“||The line between charming someone out of one million dollars and being perceived as a charity whore sometimes gets blurred.||”|
|“||You don't get it, Curtis. A hundred years from now, no one will remember who slept with whom, and who was naughty and who was nice. They'll look at that incredible piece of steel and concrete, and know that I was a part of it.||”|
- Katrina Ludlow: What are you afraid of? That I'll take advantage of you?
- Rey Curtis: Easy...
- Katrina Ludlow: Afraid you'll say yes?
- Rey Curtis: (angrily) That's enough!
- Rey Curtis: Pro Bono Publico?
- Katrina Ludlow: Relax, Detective. The Empire's not gonna fall overnight. Go home to your wife.
- Mr. Mosbeck: (to Curtis) Detective! Didn't you tell Miss Ludlow that you hoped your wife would go in peace? Yes or no, Detective?
- Rey Curtis: My wife has multiple sclerosis! She's in a lot of pain and it's getting worse. What I told Miss Ludlow, what I meant was that if the condition got worse, I just didn't want it to... no, she's suffered enough already.
- Mr. Mosbeck: Is that a yes, Detective?
- Rey Curtis: I love my wife! More than my own life. And I betrayed her trust once. Just once, but with her love and with God's help...
- Mr. Mosbeck: Your Honor, would you direct the witness to answer the question?
- Rey Curtis: I haven't been unfaithful to her since! I know better! My mistake was trusting Katrina Ludlow. So yes, I've made mistakes as a man. But as a cop? No, sir. I did not tamper with that evidence.
Background information and notes
- In the scene with Benjamin Bratt and Julia Roberts in the hotel room, Julia Roberts' black undershirt shifts around occasionally when she is talking with Bratt.
- Julia Roberts was Benjamin Bratt's girlfriend at the time of this episode.
Episode scene cards
Law & Order