|←||L&O, Episode 10.14||→|
|Production number: E1112|
First aired: 18 February 2000
| Teleplay By|
Dick Wolf, René Balcer & Robert Palm
The focus of the case returns to a politically influential family and, during the course of the trial, McCoy finds the powerful matriarch to be a formidable opponent.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Helmar Augustus Cooper as Judge Lawrence McNeil
- Barbara Spiegel as Judge Harriet Doremus
- Josef Sommer as Defense Attorney Patrick Rumsey
- Noelle Beck as Stephanie Mulroney
- Ed Lauter as Defense Counsel Glick
- Phyllis Bash as Judge Taylor Jackson
- Katy Selverstone as Emily Shore
- Steve Mones as Cesar Ordoniez
- Jesse Doran as Police Commissioner's Aide
- Stephanie Roth Haberle as Defense Co-Counsel Kelly
- Jane Alexander as Regina Mulroney
- Betsy Aidem as Pauline Brecker
- Mike Alpert as Gus Iacone
- Kathleen Butler as Defense Attorney Janet Grimes
- Gene Canfield as Frank Salvo
- Mateo Gómez as Randy Miller
- Amy Hohn as Delia Woodruff
- Nahanni Johnstone as Helen Katisch
- Marni Lustig as Danielle West
- Chuck Patterson as Ted Jones
- Sean Patrick Reilly as Stevie Orlando
- Vanessa Liguori as Vanessa
- Maria Bellantoni as Claire
|“||I can't believe we're doing this.||”|
–Briscoe arresting Regina Mulroney
- Pauline Brecker: Does this mean he wasn't cheating on me with that girl in the car?
- Olivia Benson: That would be the good news.
- Ed Green: My dad used to call me Fast Eddie.
- Olivia Benson: (raised eyebrow) Oh yeah?
|“||Is this what I have to look forward to in my twilight years? Cyber-flirting with Betty and Veronica?||”|
- Regina Mulroney: Every great family has a secret. It's how you spend the money that counts. My family's philantropy is well-documented.
- Jack McCoy: So is the bribery.
- Stephanie Mulroney: I'm telling the truth!
- Jack McCoy: I guess there's a first time for everything.
- Abbie Carmichael: Why is everyone afraid of this woman?
- Adam Schiff: Regina's favorite joke: The difference between a lace-curtain Irish and a shanty Irish is, the lace-curtain Irish will move the dishes aside before she pisses in the kitchen sink. (beat) Regina's a proud shanty Irish.
Background information and notes
- This episode wraps up loose ends from the season 4 episode "Mayhem" and concludes the storyline from the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit episode also named "Entitled".
- Jane Alexander, who played Regina Mulroney, is the wife of Ed Sherin, the director of this episode. She is also the mother of Jace Alexander, who has directed 32 episodes of the series.
Episode scene cards
Law & Order
"Fools For Love"