|←||L&O, Episode 12.06||→|
|Production number: E2201|
First aired: 7 November 2001
| Written By|
Wendy Battles & Marc Guggenheim
Briscoe and Green investigate the murder of the wife of a washed-up singer.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Elisabeth Röhm as A.D.A. Serena Southerlyn
- Dianne Wiest as Interim D.A. Nora Lewin
- Bruce Altman as Defense Attorney Brad Feldman
- Roger Serbagi as Judge Robert Quinn
- Andrea Navedo as Detective Ana Cordova
- Craig Braun as Davie Reynolds
- Gary Busey as Tommy Vega
- David Case as Peter Vega
- Diane Cossa as Susan Brandees
- Barbara Gulan as Ms. Boyle
- Joe Piscopo as Art Cahill
- Nathan Wetherington as Jason Vega
- Julian Acosta as Jonathan Brim (uncredited)
- Gerard Doyle as Bill Connelly
- Chris Gardner as Jackson Hawthorne
- Jarlath Conroy as Frank Noonan
- John Boyle as Dr. Carl Geller
- Beatrice Winde as Jackson's Grandmother
- Haynes Thigpen as Mail Clerk
- Leslie Lyles as Karin
- John Nacco as Norm
- John Boyle as Geller
- Jason Furlani as Policeman
- Jon Sklaroff as Rick
- Ed Green: I remember watching Vega's Christmas Special when I was a kid. What happened to him?
- Lennie Briscoe: Ah, he took up with a guy named Jack Daniels.
- Ed Green: Well, he's back in the limelight now.
- Ed Green: You know, Vega ain't had a gig in close to ten years and he socked away ten million dollars. Maybe I outta get myself a manager.
- Lennie Briscoe: Singing at a karaoke bar doesn't count.
|“||Grand jury is just another audience.||”|
Background information and notes
- This episode appears to have been based on the Bonny Lee Bakley case. On May 4, 2001, Bakley was found murdered outside a restaurant where she just had dinner with her husband, famed actor Robert Blake. Blake was arrested and tried for the crime and for soliciting it, but was found not guilty on March 16, 2005. Later that same year, he was found liable for Bakley's wrongful death in a civil trial. Coincidentally, actor Gary Busey, who portrays a Blake-like singer accused of murdering his wife in the show, was one of the celebrities Bakley pursued as part of her obsession with famous men. Also, Busey's character's name and the fact that he is a famous singer makes him similar to Frankie Valli, another celebrity pursued by Bakley.
Episode scene cards
Grand Jury Room
Rikleen & Cabot
Grand Jury Room
| Previous episode:|
| "Formerly Famous"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|
"Myth of Fingerprints"