|←||L&O, Episode 8.04||→|
|Production number: K2506|
First aired: 29 October 1997
| Teleplay By|
I.C. Rapoport & René Balcer
The shooting of a mother leads to a case involving not only the person who fired the gun but also the doctor who declared her brain dead.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- John Ramsey as Judge Walter Schreiber
- David Marshall Grant as A.D.A. Charlie Harmon
- David Lipman as Judge Morris Torledsky
- Michael Nouri as Dr. Donald Cosgrove
- Michael Durrell as Defense Attorney Hilburne
- Robert Stanton as Defense attorney Jacob Sutter
- Armand Schultz as Marty O'Neal
- Andrew Pang as Dr. Hsu
- Richard Thomsen as David Fuller
- Luce Ennis as Mrs. Fuller
- Catherine Wolf as Dr. Nedermann
- Daren Kelly as Dr. Kerner
- Kim Yancey-Moore as Nurse Judy Paxton
- Maximiliano Hernández as Leo Ramos
- Carlos Pizarro as Elias Camacho
- Alba Oms as Mrs. Camacho
- Deborah LaCoy as Loretta Mason
- Jason Weinberg as Tony Irving
- Louie Leonardo as Detective Sandaval
- Liz Larsen as Daniels
- Anthony Ruiz as Tico
- Patricia Rae as Claudia
- Zabryna Guevara as Lucita
- Felix Solis as CSU Scapelli
- Andrea Bowen as Bess O'Neal
- D.L. Shroder as Dr. Lavori
- Angela Lanza as Nurse Ruiz
- Anthony Mangano as Officer Palacio
- Lee Cobb as Downey
- Christopher Lopez as Kid #1
- Robert Coffin as Court Clerk
- Chicago, Illinois
- Dominican Republic
- Roberto Lopez
- New Jersey
- Nancy O'Neal (victim)
- Francine Waters
- People v. Stewart
- Tico: Cuando yo bebo, no veo nada.
- Curtis: When he drinks, he doesn't see anything.
- Briscoe: Me, I saw two of everything.
- Curtis: Hey, LT. O'Neal's bank just faxed over his mortgage application. Turns out his wife was insured for fifty grand.
- Lt. Van Buren: Fifty grand hardly buys a pot roast anymore.
- Sutter: I got bent over a chair by Ms. Ross before. Now I'm getting another tingling sensation in my butt. Why is that?
- Ross: Wishful thinking?
- "It doesn't matter. This was not a mercy killing. It was murder for profit."
- – McCoy
- Ross: There's going to be some fallout from this. People are going to think twice about signing their donor cards.
- McCoy: Cosgrove was an aberration. I'm not worried about a shortage of organs.
- Ross: There'd better not be. Especially livers. Good night, Jack.
Briscoe: What are you complaining about? We're the ones who have to smell you.
- Judge Torledsky: Bail, Miss Ross?
- Ross: $500,000 on the doctor, your honor, and status quo for Mr. Camacho.
- Sutter: I'm sorry. I still don't see why we're here.
- Ross: People request the cases against Mr. Camacho and Dr. Cosgrove be consolidated.
- Hilburne: On what grounds?
- Ross: The People allege they both killed Nancy O'Neal.
- Dr. Cosgrove: What? Me and this gangster?!
- Hilburne: Your honor, Dr. Cosgrove is a respected surgeon!
- Judge Torledsky: Enough! Elias Camacho remains remanded. Bail is set for Donald Cosgrove at $500,000. Now, go yell at somebody else. [bangs gavel]
Background information and notes
- This episode is inspired by a piece on 60 Minutes about people being shot in Los Angeles drive-bys.
Episode scene cards
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|