In certain cases, it may be necessary to delete a page from the Law & Order Wiki database. Only administrators are permitted to delete pages, by following the procedure listed below:
- Select the "Delete" tab at the top of the page for the article to be deleted.
- Enter a descriptive reason for why the page is being deleted. If the article has only a short amount of content, MediaWiki might automatically include the entire page's content.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking the checkbox.
- Click "Confirm".
MediaWiki will then delete the page from the active database, and the deletion will be noted in the deletion log.
Undelete a page
While deleted pages are removed from the active database, they are not totally wiped from the server; they are kept in a special database not accessible through the normal web interface and viewable only by administrators.
- Access Special:Undelete/DELETED_PAGE_NAME, or review the list of deleted pages at Special: Undelete.
- Review the deleted revisions and the reason the page was deleted, to ensure that no copyright violations are being restored.
- Click "Restore".
Important: If you restore a page, all revisions will be restored to the history. You cannot restore only selected versions of the page. If a new page with the same name has been created since the deletion, the restored revisions will appear in the prior history, and the current revision of the live page will not be automatically replaced.