|"His Hour Upon the Stage"|
|←||L&O, Episode 2.11||→|
|Production number: 67407|
First aired: 10 December 1991
| Written By|
Robert Nathan & Giles Blunt
The frozen body of a Broadway producer is found five years after his death.
- Paul Sorvino as Sergeant Phil Cerreta
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Francine Beers as Judge Janis Silver
- Timothy Britten Parker as Forensic Technician Borak
- William Hill as Hopkins
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Finn Carter as Leslie Hart
- Frank Converse as Gary Wallace
- John Cunningham as Cobb
- Alan Feinstein as Elliot Ketcham
- Alberta Watson as Ms. Hanley
- Bruce MacVittie as Gabe Hunt
- Mike Starr as Pollard
- Dylan Baker as Sean Hyland
- Alan Mixon as Healy
- Tony Darrow as Mario Forcelli
- Marilyn Sokol as Marilee Katz
- Robert Sevra as U.S. Attorney Herb McCann
- David Cryer as Judge Lee Rowan
- Walter Bobbie as Peter Cummins
- Larry Block as Feldman
- Renée Lippin as Bernice Steinman
- Ras Teska as Rowley
- Karen McLaughlin as Ann Radley
- Dick Seltzer as Eisenstein
- Mark Casella as Pelletier
- Peter Bucossi as Wilson
- Cliff Weissman as Forrester
- Ron Ostrow as Whalen
- Michael Rush as Choreographer
- Marc Plastrik as Jury Foreman
- Diana Brownstone as Onstage Dancer (uncredited)
"One plus one equals zero. No motive plus no witness equals no case."
- - Gary Wallace
"We love the theater."
"That rehearsal, the one that Mr. Foster missed? You were there all night?"
"You remember where you were five years ago?"
"Yeah, I remember that I wasn't in business with a man who disappeared."
- - Mike Logan, Phil Cerreta and Gary Wallace
"Wearing a tux, not homeless... nobody cared enough to miss him?"
"Well, somebody cared enough to freeze him."
- - Mike Logan and Donald Cragen
"Five years ago, she's 24, he's 39."
"Yeah, well, May-December romance is not exactly unheard of."
"Yeah, but December usually comes with Santa Claus."
"Look, Foster didn't have a dime. He's poor, she's beautiful. She's an actress, she's got guys hangin' all around her. She's gonna fall for Mr. Big Dreams?"
- - Mike Logan and Phil Cerreta
"You know, there's a lesson in this. Never fall in love with an actress."
"Rex Harrison said it. They never stop acting."
- - Mike Logan and Phil Cerreta
- Judge Silver: Have we got a clerk here? Is he on break or what? [reads docket] The People vs. Gary Wallace. The charge is murder, 2nd degree. Is the defendant ready to enter a plea?
- Cobb: Your honor, if it pleases the court...
- Judge Silver: Mr. Cobb, you couldn't please this court if you danced an Irish jig on your fingertips. Can we get a plea?!
- Wallace: Not guilty.
- Judge Silver: Somebody talk to me about bail.
- Cobb: Your honor, a 5-year old crime... My client is a respected businessman.
- Judge Silver: Whose car was used in the crime, counselor. Mr. Robinette?
- Robinette: The People request 200,000, your honor. All cash.
- Judge Silver: Mr. Robinette, do you know me to be vindictive? Bond'll be fine. 300,000. [bangs gavel] Where's my clerk?!
Background information and notes
- This episode seems to be based on the Roy Radin murder case. Radin was a theatrical producer best known for reviving the old Vaudevillian shows. On Friday, May 13, 1983, Roy Radin stepped into a limousine rented by Karen Jacobs-Greenberger with the intention of going to a restaurant and discussing the business arrangement further. About a month later, his body was discovered in a California canyon. He had been repeatedly shot in the head and a stick of dynamite had been set off in his mouth. The story behind Radin’s death was a labyrinthine tangle mostly involving drugs. Greenberger turned out to be a woman of many names and interests. Although producer Robert Evans was initially suspected of the crime, Greenberger was eventually convicted.  (Source: Roy Radin at Wikipedia)
Episode scene cards
| Previous episode:|
| "His Hour Upon the Stage"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|