|←||L&O, Episode 20.20||→|
|Production number: 20021|
First aired: 17 May 2010
| Written By|
Richard Sweren & Julie Martin
When Jerome Turner (Terence Archie) dies of stab wounds upon arrival at a hospital, Lupo and Bernard are called in to investigate his stabbing. They soon discover that, unknown to everyone, Turner was leading a double life. Family tensions escalate as the detectives begin to unravel secrets of an exploited family. In search for the truth, EADA Cutter crosses a line with Lt. Van Buren during trial. In the end, Cutter, Rubirosa and McCoy manage to get the killer to accept a deal for first degree manslaughter with a sentence of ten years in prison. In exchange, they are able to get HEMA Labs to pay the family ten million dollars to gain the family justice for being exploited without payment for over fifty years for cancer research, saving the family from being beyond the edge of poverty, the true goal of the killer who hadn't intended for Jerome to die, having taken him to the hospital in an attempt to save his life after losing control and stabbing him in a moment of rage.
- Lupo: White people stealing blood.
- Bernard: Yeah, time to break out the garlic and silver bullets.
- Rubirosa: They're circling the wagons.
- Cutter: Nothing like a subpoena to break up the party.
- Van Buren: I know what you were doing. You were using me, Mr. Cutter. You violated my privacy so that you could win your case! You are no better than HEMA Labs!
Background information and notes
| Previous episode:|
"The Taxman Cometh"
Law & Order
| Next episode:|