|"In Vino Veritas"|
|←||L&O, Episode 17.07||→|
|Production number: 17007|
First aired: 3 November 2006
| Written By|
A has-been actor wearing blood-stained clothing arrested for drunken driving reveals religious prejudices during his rantings.
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Milena Govich as Detective Nina Cassady
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Jack Koenig as Defense Attorney Swift
- Ami Brabson as Judge Madeline Drake
- John Cariani as CSU Julian Beck
- Mark Zimmerman as Judge Nathan Murphy
- Mark Kenneth Smaltz as Judge William Koehler
- Jaymie Dornan as John Carroll
- Todd Gearhart as Defense Attorney Rosenthal
- José Zúñiga as Detective Borough Investigator
- Terri Garber as Amanda Carroll
- Paul Anthony Stewart as Bobby Gold
- Jennifer Esposito as Defense Attorney Justine Bailey
- Chevy Chase as Mitch Carroll
- Leia Thompson as Tori
- Kevin Stapleton as Don Hamilton
- Patrick Boll as Barry Bishop
- Nicoye Banks as Officer Taylor
- Zack Robidas as Officer Simone
- Teddy Cañez as Det. Davis
- Austin Jones as CSU Tech
- Suzanna Guzman as Nurse Esposito
- Joseph Edward as Court Clerk
- Charlie Sandlan as Detective Marlo
- Matthew DeCapua as Uniform
- Lena Armstrong as Jury Foreperson
- Sherman Alpert as Courtroom Spectator (uncredited)
- Michael Den Dekker as Photo Extra (uncredited)
- Marisa Kinsey as Member of MSNBC Press (uncredited)
- Emanuel Xavier as Juror (uncredited)
|“||Bachelor pad of the rich and famous. He's gonna LOVE our redecorating.||”|
- Ed Green: You have the right to remain silent.
- Nina Cassady: You might want to try it this time.
- John Carroll: You want me to betray my dad?
- Jack McCoy: Hasn't he already betrayed you? How many times has he come to see you in here, John?
- Connie Rubirosa: We checked the visitor's logs. Not once.
|“||You work for leeches, Detective Green! They suck the money out of this town and send it to Israel so they can make bombs and matzoh!||”|
- Nina Cassady: Are you just saying that because you don't want to talk to a Jew cop?
- Mitch Carroll: What?
- Nina Cassady: Detective Sugar Tits? Jews control the world? Any of that ring a bell?
- Mitch Carroll: I never said those things.
- Ed Green: She's Irish, by the way, in case you wanna to get anything else off your chest.
- Mitch Carroll: Jews are always playing the victim, but all this time I'm the one who's been victimized.
- Nurse Esposito: Would you tell him to SHUT UP?
- Ed Green: Mr. Carroll, shut up please.
- Mitch Carroll: Are you a Jew? You're a Jew, right? I shoulda known they'd stick me in a room with a Jew cop. I'm not talking to a Jew! I know the law as good as any Jew!
- Anita Van Buren: (watching with Green behind the two-way mirror) Does he know he has the right to remain silent?
- Ed Green: I mirandized him myself.
Background information and notes
- The title is a Latin phrase typically attributed to Pliny the Elder. It translates to, "In wine [there is] the truth".
- This episode draws from the real-life troubles of actors Mel Gibson and Michael Richards. Gibson was arrested on a DUI on July 28, 2006, and began ranting about the Jews being responsible for all the problems in the world. On November 17th of that same year, Richards used racial epithets at a comedy event in Florida.
- Special billing was given to Jennifer Esposito (and) and Chevy Chase (Special Guest Appearance by) in this episode.
Episode scene cards
WCN Television Studio
| Previous episode:|
| "In Vino Veritas"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|