|"In the Wee Small Hours (Part II)"|
|←||CI, Episode 5.07||→|
|Production number: 05007|
First aired: 6 November 2005
| Teleplay By|
Stephanie Sengupta & René Balcer
Jean de Segonzac
A Judge accused in the kidnapping and murder of a teenage girl fights back against the accusations by digging up dirt on the Detectives of the Major Case Squad.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Annabella Sciorra as Detective Carolyn Barek
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Colm Meaney as Judge Harold Garrett
- Matt O'Leary as Ethan Garrett
- Lucinda Jenney as Elise Garrett
- Kathleen McNenny as Lee Ann Lunden
- Geneva Carr as Faith Yancy
- Leslie Hendrix as M.E. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Oni Faida Lampley as Eunice Peterson
- Gerry Becker as Attorney Cleveland
- Phoebe Strole as Alexis Kippes
- Shana Dowdeswell as Jordan Fernholz
- Harry Zittel as Stuart Ellicot
- Joseph Adams as David Langdon
- Sean Grennan as I.A.B. Detective Roland
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Jess Weixler as Amy Buckley
- Colleen Clinton as Charlotte Kappel
- Carl Capotorto as Jasper Ridley
- Irene Glezos as Judge Miriam Gardner
- John Knox as Lieutenant Paddy Carroll
- George McDaniel as Max Goldwyn
- Anne Kanengeiser as Court Reporter
- Candice McCoy as Receptionist
- Michael McCartney as Charlie
- James Lloyd Reynolds as First TV Reporter
- Kate Williams Stone as Second TV Reporter
- (looking at Harold Garrett's den)
- Robert Goren: So he puts the needle down, sits down here, puts his headphones on, listens to Frank, drinks himself to sleep...
- Elise Garrett: (smiles) Harold to a T.
- Harold Garrett: I heard a rumor about a deal with the D.A. What did you tell them?
- Elise Garrett: Don't touch him! (hurries Ethan up the stairs)
- Harold Garrett: Look at me when I'm talking to you! I'm your father! (Elise and Ethan have walked away) Traitor! You Iago! IAGO!
|“||It's not enough to do good. You gotta be seen doing good.||”|
- Harold Garrett: I presided over police brutality trials in the '90s. It'd be quite a feather in somebody's cap to knock me down.
- Robert Goren: (writing down notes) Grandiosity, paranoid delusions, persecution complex...
- Harold Garrett: Two can play at that game, Detective. I'm putting you all on notice. I will defend myself quite vigorously.
- (Goren is taunting Garrett)
- Robert Goren: Get her drunk, that's even better! She won't remember how young and strong Ethan felt. Won't remember how he made her feel good-
- Harold Garrett: I made her feel good! She didn't want a boy, she wanted a man and that's what she got, and she loved it! Oh he heard me! He heard me all the way from his room! The old man showed him how it's done!
(Awkward silence. Garrett realizes that everyone in the room has heard him and is staring at him)
- Harold Garrett: I did nothing to hurt her. I did not hurt her!
- Ron Carver: I think we're ready for trial. Nice work, Detective.
Background information and notes
Background information and notes
| Previous episode:|
"In the Wee Small Hours (Part I)"
| "In the Wee Small Hours (Part II)"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.