|←||SVU, Episode 19.12||→|
|Production number: 19012|
First aired: 31 January 2018
| Written By|
Richard Sweren & Robert Brooks Cohen
After a female pundit is assaulted during a violent protest, Benson and Barba struggle to put their political beliefs aside in order to help bring the attacker to justice.
- Mariska Hargitay as Lieutenant Olivia Benson
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Peter Scanavino as Detective Dominick Carisi, Jr.
- Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba
- Rhea Seehorn as Martha Cobb
- Jonathon Judge-Russo as Randy Platt
- Adam William Zastrow as Justin Vichinsky
- Lee Roy Rogers as Selma Platt
- Lisa Helmi Johanson as Esme Parker
- Tuck Sweeney as Henry Anderson
- Maceo Oliver as Sergeant Miller
- Lars Engstrom as Campus Cop
- Amber Jaunai as EMT
- James Chery as Antifa Protester #1
- Tam Young as Antifa Protester #2
- Sophie Zucker as Female Student
- Alan Kelly as Alt-Right Dude
- Brocton Pierce as Juror
- Martha Cobb: Do you people ever stop with the empathy?
- Olivia: Which "people" are you referring to?
- Martha: Let me guess. You cried tears of joy when Obama was elected. Said you'd move to Canada if Trump ever got in. Yet, here you are.
- Olivia: I was never going anywhere, but right or left, I want to find the man who assaulted you and make sure that he is apprehended and punished.
- Barba: (to Olivia about Martha Cobb) Well, let's just say that she doesn't present as your typical rape victim.
- Olivia: How do you mean? Martha Cobb has made a career out of playing fast and loose with the facts.
- Rafael: Fact: She was raped.
- Olivia: Right, and that doesn't endow her with sainthood.
- Olivia (to Barba): How bad was it?
- Barba: The Titanic meets the Hindenburg meets my first year of Little League.
- Olivia: Martha, I am not a fan of yours and I think that your views on sexual assault are reprehensible, but you are a survivor and I really want to help you get justice.
- Martha: Always effective. The inspirational mission statement.
- Olivia: If you're pulling your punches for ideological reasons because you don't have the integrity to be honest...
- Martha: Do not question my integrity.
- Olivia: Then how about you drop the armor? How about you start talking to me like a human being, not a media personality? Can we do that? Can we... can we just talk?
- Olivia (to Barba): A dismissal? That's what you came up with?
- Barba: How would you have voted?
- Olivia: Look, whether or not I believe her, this woman deserves her day in court. Barba: But this case stopped being a search for the truth. It turned into a Rorschach test about which side butters your political bread.
- Olivia: Martha, all I can tell you about your case Is that we don't always catch the bad guy and I'm very sorry.
- Martha: No apologies necessary, Lieutenant. I know I won't be the first or last woman who doesn't get justice after being raped at Hudson University.
Background Information and Notes
- This episode is inspired by the Charlottesville riots and other recent violent clashes between the alt-right and left-wing activists. The episode title may also be a reference to the InfoWars fake news website. Characters also seem to be inspired by the far-right figures Ann Coulter and Richard B. Spencer.
Episode scene cards
Young Conservatives Club
Indian Road Cafe
Park Milano Hotel
| Previous episode:|
| "Info Wars"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|
"The Undiscovered Country"