|←||L&O, Episode 10.12||→|
|Production number: E1110|
First aired: 9 February 2000
| Written By|
Lynn Mamet & Barry Schindel
Bloodstains in an apartment that belonged to a young couple with a baby leads to the separated parents, each of whom claims that the other has the infant.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Mimi Bensinger as Mrs. Chazen
- Susan Blommaert as Judge Rebecca Steinman
- Lee Brock as Ms. Strickland
- Louis Cantarini as Joe Pintozzi
- Tessa Ghylin as Amy Beltran
- Linda Halaska as Pauline Weitz
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- John Lantz as Gil Steffano
- Liz Larsen as CSU Technician Jessica Reed
- Denise Lute as Marie Steffano
- Austin Lysy as Mitch Palichek
- Robert Montano as Father Ramon Aguerro
- Donna Murphy as Carla Tyrell
- Peggy Roeder as Helen Beltran
- Peter Smith as Chris Dauber
- Yvonne Warden as Mrs. Watkins
- Michael C. Williams as Jimmy Beltran
- Edward D. Murphy as Prospective Male Juror
- William Hill as Jimmy Beltran's Attorney
- Guy Boyd as Mr. Beltran
- Schiff: (after the Beltrans are sentenced) Talk about a throwaway child.
- McCoy: A 6-week-old baby starves to death in full view of his parents. That's no accident.
- Green: How many of these have you done?
- Briscoe: Stakeouts?
- Green: No, dead babies.
- Briscoe: We don't know for sure the baby's dead.
- Green: Right.
- Briscoe: To answer your question, too many.
- Green: This is my first.
- Briscoe: That's too many.
- Father Aguerro: (about Jimmy) Sometimes he came and stood near the confessional. I was hoping he'd come in, but you can't make someone confess.
- Briscoe: Wanna bet?
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
| Previous episode:|
| "Mother's Milk"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|