|"New York Minute"|
|←||L&O, Episode 16.08||→|
|Production number: 16009|
First aired: 16 November 2005
| Written By|
Detectives discover that the owner of a trucking company has been smuggling illegal aliens and suspect that a citizens' border patrol member has killed him.
- Dennis Farina as Detective Joe Fontana
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Annie Parisse as A.D.A. Alexandra Borgia
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Daniel Roebuck as Nathaniel Prentiss
- Aixa Rosario Medina as Blanca Alvarez
- Michael Potts as Lester Wilkes
- Stephen Lang as Terry Dorn
- Sheffield Chastain as Dwight McNary
- John Henry Cox as Judge Everett Todd
- Mario Eusebio as Officer Delgado
- Anita Flanagan as CSU Technician Emily McDow
- Avery Glymph as CSU Technician Joel Lowden
- Neal Hemphill as Stu Bedecker
- Wilbur Edwin Henry as Earl Lomtik
- Selenis Leyva as Detective Rivera
- Corinna May as Natalie Packard
- Randy Ryan as Dan Moncreif
- Sheila Stasack as Paula Stack
- Ned von Leuck as Ken Cosgrove
- Ron McClary as Detective Ed Mooney
- Alicia Meer as Laura Glover
- Chris Rivaro as Marshall
- Luis Gonell as Edgardo
- Jeremy Bobb as Aftermath Uni
- John Bedford Lloyd as Prentiss's Lawyer
- Terrence Mann as Dorn's Lawyer
- Brian J. Carter as Jury Foreman
- Izzy Ruiz as Salvador
- Kenny Shapiro as Juror (uncredited)
- Countryman Project
- New Jersey
- Clayton Stack (victim)
- Arnold Schwarzenegger
|“||I think at some point this trailer overheated, and the people inside, the cargo, were literally cooked.||”|
–CSU tech Lowden
- Fontana: So you're telling us that you knew absolutely nothing about Stack hauling illegals?
- Ken: I knew something was going down with his hauls.
- Green: Who maintains the rigs?
- Ken: I do.
- Green: So when you were cleaning out blood, hair, loose fingernails from people who tried to claw their way out of a boiling hot trailer box, you classify that as "something going down"?
|“||Dorn didn't want Clayton Stack killed to prevent illegal immigration but to keep himself out of jail.||”|
- Prentiss: You're not terrified to see more buildings fall? More planes crash? I am. Terry is. He's gonna see it stops.
- Borgia: By murdering innocent illegals?
- Prentiss: You know they were innocent? I don't...and for my money, they shouldn't have been on that truck in the first place.
- Terry Dorn: What kind of country locks up its patriots?
- Ed Green: The same kind that gives you the right to remain silent. Exercise it.
Background information and notes
- At the end of the episode, Branch gives Borgia a speech about how they should stay out of the government's business concerning the deportation of Mrs. Alvarez, an illegal immigrant whom they used as a witness. He is then ironically approached by a Latino bus boy who is presumably illegal himself. In the 1995 episode Rage where Jack and Claire tried a black stockbroker who killed his boss because he was angry with the way that he and other white people have treated African Americans in the past, a mental illness called "Black Rage." That episode had a similar ironic ending. As Jack and Claire are leaving the courthouse after winning the case, Jack hails a cab that actually should have stopped for a black man standing up the block from them. After Claire points it out, the cabby says something like, are you getting in or not? Proving that perhaps, the defense wasn't as unjustifiable as everyone had thought.
| Previous episode:|
"House of Cards"
| "New York Minute"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.