Dominick Carisi, Jr., Johnny Dubcek, Jim Anderson, Johnny Feist
|Date of birth|
29 February 1980
|Place of birth|
Denver, Colorado, USA
Peter Scanavino (born February 29, 1980, in Denver, Colorado) is an American actor currently starring as A.D.A. Dominick Carisi, Jr., in the long-running criminal drama Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. He also guest starred as Carisi in the Law & Order: Organized Crime episode "The Stuff That Dreams Are Made Of".
Before joining the main cast, Scanavino appeared as murder suspect Johnny Dubcek in the SVU Season 14 episode "Monster's Legacy". He also appeared as Jim Anderson in the Law & Order season 20 episode "Just a Girl in the World", Johnny Feist in the Law & Order: Criminal Intent season 5 episode "Diamond Dogs", and an unnamed character in the Law & Order: Trial by Jury episode "Boys Will Be Boys".
- He and his wife Lisha Bai have three children.
- Scanavino is the brother of artist David Scanavino.
- His family always supported the arts when he was growing up, and viewed the arts with high acclaim.
- He took a break from acting to pursue the culinary arts but ultimately returned to acting. His character of Carisi is depicted as being a good cook.
- He briefly attended college in Boston before dropping out after one year to move to NYC.
- The role of Carisi was written for Scanavino. Warren Leight was impressed by him after working together on an episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent in 2005, and he wanted to create a recurring role for the actor.
- He decided to move to NYC after reading numerous books about the arts movements, theatre, and Marlon Brando.
- He was in the Broadway production of Shining City.
- He is one of seven SVU main cast members to appear previously in one or more shows in the franchise as different characters, the others being Raúl Esparza, Michelle Hurd, Kelli Giddish, Diane Neal, Ice-T and Tamara Tunie.
- With his appearance on Organized Crime, Scanavino is the only actor to have appeared in all five of the New York based Law & Order named shows, though as different characters in most of the other shows (Fred Dalton Thompson had appeared as Arthur Branch in four of the Law & Order shows excluding Organized Crime, which premiered after he died. He also appeared as Branch on the show Conviction, which is also part of the Law & Order franchise. Carolyn McCormick has also appeared as Elizabeth Olivet on four of the Law & Order shows as well as New York Undercover.)
|Law & Order: Special Victims Unit|
Main Cast: Kelli Giddish • Mariska Hargitay • Octavio Pisano • Peter Scanavino • Ice-T