|←||CI, Episode 8.01||→|
|Production number: |
First aired: 19 April 2009
| Written By|
In the Season 8 opener, Goren and Eames investigate the shooting of Councilman Neil Hayes-Fitzgerald's beautiful stepdaughter Stacy and her boyfriend Rick. Stacy survives by playing dead under Rick's dead body. The drug-addicted pair were involved in a blackmail scheme targeting Stacy's stepfather.
It is eventually revealed that Neil had been molesting Stacy for years, and that he is grooming the babysitter as a potential next victim. The final twist is that Stacy's young sister is actually her daughter by Neil.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Danny Ross
- Scott Cohen as Councilman Neil Hayes-Fitzgerald
- Kathy Baker as Camille Hayes-Fitzgerald
- Betty Gilpin as Stacy Hayes-Fitzgerald
- Alexandra Neil as Josie Hayes-Fitzgerald
- Sophie Belkin as Sophie Hayes-Fitzgerald
- Patrick Salerno as Connor Hayes-Fitzgerald
- Elan Moss-Bachrach as Richard "Rick" Siebert
- Otto Sanchez as Detective Gonzo Ruiz
- Brian Tarantina as Johnny Di Rogga
- Stephen Gevedon as Chris Palarno
- Jessica Coles as Jessica
- John Di Benedetto as Old Man
- Jean Brassard as Wine Seller
- Chris LaPanta as Attorney
- Summer Crockett Moore as Reporter #1
- Brad Holbrook as Reporter #2
- Tracy Conyer Lee as Female TV Reporter
- Bob Gaynor as Male TV Reporter
- Tess Paras as Nurse
- Grant Norman as Doctor
- Stacey Hayes-Fitzgerald: I can't do it. I'm too ashamed.
- Robert Goren: No, no. The shame will be all his.
- (Camille has admitted to hiring Di Roggia to kill Rick Siebert)
- Neil Hayes-Fitzgerald: I honestly have no idea what she's talking about!
- Camille Hayes-Fitzgerald: (scoffs) Of course not. You think you just got lucky. One more time that everything just seemed to work out for you.
Background information and notes
- Season 8 was originally supposed to open with "Faithfully", but for unknown reasons, this episode was aired first.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent