|←||L&O, Episode 17.06||→|
|Production number: 17002|
First aired: 27 October 2006
| Written By|
Arthur W. Forney
Plot[edit | edit source]
An executive of a body armor company is gunned down while arriving at his daughter's $2 million sweet-16 party; detectives tie the incident to a U.S. soldier killed in Iraq when his vest failed.
Cast[edit | edit source]
Main cast[edit | edit source]
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Milena Govich as Detective Nina Cassady
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
Recurring cast[edit | edit source]
Guest cast[edit | edit source]
- Titus Welliver as Bill Whitney
- John Boyd as Kenny Ellis
- Brandon Scott as Alan Crockett
- Marisa Echeverria as Andrea Garcia
- Adrianne Frost as Defense Attorney Naomi Schatzberg
- Josh Liveright as Defense Attorney Harold Dolan
- Ed Moran as General Barrett
- Steve Blanchard as Louis Kohner
- Margaret Reed as Allison Hurley
- M.D. Walton as Jimmy Dell
- David Shumbris as Lloyd Savitsky
- Taylor Korsak as Jenna Howard
- Mary Beth O'Connor as Mimi Howard
- Eddie McGee as Sergeant Hayes
- Suzanne Grodner as Judge Metzelder
- Mike Dooly as CSU Technician Stoneman
- Sean Dougherty as Sergeant Saunders
- Geoffrey Dawe as Judge Hatch
- Steve Cirbus as Sergeant Danny McMahon
- Jeffrey A. Oberdier as Charlie
- Devin E. Haqq as CSU Technician
- Liam Joynt as Arraignment Clerk
- Robert Khakh as Coffee Vendor
- Taylor Patterson as Paula
- Jelani Jeffries as Zack
- Steven Kaplan as Mike
- Gabriella Loren as Lauren
- Meredith Deane as Ashlee
- Graham Davie as Johnny
- Scot Cregan as Army Sergeant Marshall (uncredited)
- Steven Weisz as NYPD Officer (uncredited)
References[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Nina Cassady: My sweet sixteen, dad wouldn't even loan me the Buick.
- Ed Green.: He obviously didn't love you.
- Nina Cassady: I told him as much at the time.
- Anita Van Buren: Don't you ever talk out of turn in front of a suspect's lawyer again!
- Nina Cassady: It just came out of my mouth.
- Anita Van Buren: Then get a muzzle.
- (Kenny Ellis has been found, sitting on a bed and holding a gun to his temple)
- Ed Green: Kenny? My name is Ed, man. Can we talk for a minute?
- Kenny Ellis: (strained) It's all good, bro...
- Elizabeth Olivet: You don't have to leave a limb on the battlefield to be wounded. The psychological toll of war is no less debilitating.
- Jack McCoy: Not everyone gets to be the victim here.
- Kenny Ellis: Garcia'd still be alive if his vest had stopped that bullet. Doesn't that matter to you people?
- Connie Rubirosa: You gunned down a man in front of his daughter.
- Jack McCoy: Keep making these claims, Mr. Ellis. True or not, they make a compelling motive to commit murder.
- Kenny Ellis: You people never would have made that son of a bitch account for what he did.
- Jack McCoy: None of which justifies what you did.
- Bill Whitney: A decision had to be made!
- Jack McCoy: Who said that sacrificing Matthew Garcia's life was your decision to make?
- Jack McCoy: Your conscience isn't clean. I hope five years will be long enough to make you face it.
- Bill Whitney: I know what I did. I saved lives.
Background information and notes[edit | edit source]
- This was based on the Fraud of David Brooks.
Episode scene cards[edit | edit source]
600 Block West 182nd Street
Broadway Deli & Bagels
"Public Service Homicide"
Law & Order
"In Vino Veritas"