|←||SVU, Episode 8.18||→|
|Production number: 08014|
First aired: 3 April 2007
| Written By|
Yelena Lanskaya & David Platt
When teenager Melanie Tamkin is found dead in the apartment of a vacationing couple, Benson and Stabler are led into the world of underage drinking and high school binge parties. The case takes a twist when one of the teenagers' mothers is responsible for providing the alcohol for her daughter's parties and also responsible for sleeping with her daughter's classmate.
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Peter Hermann as Attorney Trevor Langan
- Jill Marie Lawrence as Attorney Cleo Conrad
- Judith Light as Judge Elizabeth Donnelly
- Linda Powell as Lauren White
- Allison Siko as Kathleen Stabler
- Erica Bradshaw as Court Clerk
- Laura Leighton as Lillian Rice
- Hunter Parrish as Jordan Owens
- Sarah Drew as Becca Rice
- Leven Rambin as Reagan Michaels
- Van Hughes as Luke Young
- Rob Mayes as Matt Schroeffel
- Neal Matarazzo as Mr. Tamkin
- Kelly Rebecca Walsh as Sheila Banks
- Joseph Ricci as Kevin Banks
- Denise Lute as Eve Wilson
- Lynn Hawley as Rose Tamkin
- Roger Rathburn as Headmaster Randall
- Sejal Shah as Waitress
- Elizabeth Dennis as Tammy
- Tyree Michael Simpson as SVU Uniform Cop
- Jonah Triebwasser as Faculty Member (uncredited)
- Melanie Tamkin
- Princeton University
- Aspen, Colorado
- Hanover Day School
- Stonecroft Recovery Center
- Tiffany Winston
- Courier Wines
- Camp Fingerlake
- Cherry Hall Academy
- Kathleen: Relax, dad. I don't even like beer.
- Stabler: If you did, would you tell me?
- Kathleen: No.
- Stabler: Guess I'll just have to look at your diary.
- Kathleen: Nobody keeps diaries anymore.
- (Lillian is drinking wine and Detective Stabler enters her home. She walks up very close to him.)
- Lillian: Hello, Detective. Would you like a drink?
- Stabler: I'm working.
- Matthew: [on video, intoxicated] That old witch! Where's her broom?
- Reagan: Up her butt!
- Judge Donnelly: [turns video off] Up my butt? Haul their asses in here.
- (Becca Rice has invited Benson and Stabler into her house, and finds Jordan Owens having sex with her mother)
- Becca: What are you doing?!
- Lilian: Don't come in here!
- Becca: (entering the room) She's my mom!
- Jordan: And she's hot!
- (Olivia throws Lilian's clothes to her and declares that Jordan and Lilian are going to the station downtown)
- Jordan: Why? We didn't do anything wrong.
- Stabler: Looks pretty wrong to me. Get dressed.
- Lillian Rice: Your partner's cute. Bet he likes 'em younger.
- Munch: You could start a bonfire with all the alcohol this one drank. What's your poison, honey?
- Reagan: Shut up, you dirty old man.
- Munch: Who you calling old?
- Matt: You can't keep us in here!
- Fin: I'm sure your daddy will bail your ass out.
- Munch: I called him two hours ago. Looks like daddy thinks he could use a night in jail.
- Fin: (To Munch about Reagan) You finish processing the princess, and I'll take them all down to central booking.
- Luke: You can't do this! I want my parents!
- Munch: Yeah, and I want the troops home, the Kyoto protocol signed, and a Tijuana oil job from Miss February.
- Stabler: With your record, Judge Donnelly's going a lot harder on you than the other kids.
- Jordan: So I gotta be a rat?
- Stabler: That, or go to jail.
Background information and notes
- Lillian Rice's attorney says Becca having a .06 blood alcohol level is within the legal limits. In reality, it is illegal for minors to have a blood alcohol level past .02.
- This episode marks the first time that a narrated flashback has ever been used on the show.
- The airdate for this episode has changed numerous times. Originally slated to air in January or February, the episode was pushed to March 20, and then to March 27, but then rescheduled again.
- This is one of two episodes of SVU to end with a message that isn't "to be continued" or a dedication to someone, the other being Chat Room.
Episode scene cards
New York State
Trial Part 29
Trial Part 29
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit