|←||L&O, Episode 5.15||→|
|Production number: 69420|
First aired: 15 February 1995
| Written By|
Michael S. Chernuchin & Janis Diamond
The detectives discover that a fertility doctor has been an anonymous sperm donor in numerous pregnancies.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Jill Hennessy as A.D.A. Claire Kincaid
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Joan Copeland as Judge Rebecca Stein
- Ron Frazier as Judge Aldo Ianello
- Judy Frank as Judge Jean Bryant
- Stephen Henderson as Judge Marc Kramer
- Mark Blum as Defense Attorney Michael Aronson
- David Margulies as Dr. Jordan Delbert
- Jordan Clarke as Brandon Parker
- Kristin Griffith as Clara Brock
- Alyson Reed as M.E. Heather Coyle
- Ivar Brogger as Nathan Brock
- Deborah Tranelli as Christine Kennedy
- Zach Grenier as Jim Warren
- Thomas Nahrwold as Dr. Lang
- Joyce Lynn O'Connor as Beth Kellner
- Anne Chapin as Carol Miller
- David Phillips as Phil Vaughn
- Donna Mitchell as Susan Parker
- Diedre Bodie-Henderson as Anita
- Beth McDonald as Mary Cooper
- Ron Ryan as Wallace
- Logan: Brother, and I thought I had a bad beat being raised by two alcoholics.
- Briscoe: I wonder which mommy's gonna teach him to smoke and drink.
- Logan: And shave.
- Briscoe: Well, it's the 90s. Everybody's allowed to gross and disgusting, not just you.
Background information and notes
- This episode is based on the Dr. Cecil Jacobson case. Jacobson operated a fertility clinic in Virginia, and in March 1992, he was sentenced to five years in prison after it was learned that he inseminated 75 female patients with his own sperm. Jacobson led the women to believe they were being inseminated with the sperm of anonymous donors who shared many physical characteristics with their own husbands. He also led many of his patients to believe they had become pregnant and miscarried when in fact they had never actually been pregnant. (Cecil Jacobson at Wikipedia)
- Goof: Ron Frazier's judge character is listed in the scene card as "Michael Ianello" but his appearance in other episodes lists his name as "Aldo Ianello" both in the credits and his character's nameplate.
- Although he doesn't appear, Judge Douglas Spivak is mentioned handling the Dworkins case in part 93 that McCoy was prosecuting before he handed it over to Kincaid and she convinces him not to severe the case.
Episode scene cards
New York County
Mount Sinai Hospital
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|