|←||CI, Episode 4.01||→|
|Production number: E5404|
First aired: 26 September 2004
| Teleplay By|
Gerry Conway & René Balcer
The investigation into the death of a controversial and self-destructive radio deejay, leads Detectives Goren and Eames to placebos instead of his antidepressant medications.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Francie Swift as Nelda Carlson
- Tatum O'Neal as Kelly Garnett
- Brian Haley as Barry Carlson
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Lev Gorn as Mr. Gregorian
- Fisher Stevens as Ray Garnett
- Donald Corren as Dr. Nouriyani
- Nina Zavarin as Lusa Gregorian
- Stuart Burney as Mort Weisinger
- Michael Hayward-Jones as Ruben Bendis
- James Michael Farrell as Detective Crenna
- T.J. Meyers as Ferry Employee
- Ken Dashow as Pete
- J.C. MacKenzie as Lenny
- Cherelle Cargill as Teller
- Michael Sackler-Berner as Radio Jock
- Dariusz M. Uczkowski as Ray Garrett's Son (uncredited)
- Jan Uczkowski as Ray Garrett's Son (uncredited)
Federal Communications Commission, WVYS, Staten Island Ferry
"Well I'm no shrink, but 40 milligrams of Paroxetine a day is enough to make a hound dog smile."
- - Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
"Last time, he left a suicide note?"
"He made a tape. He had it with him in the car. Ray loves the sound of his own voice."
- - Robert Goren and Kelly Garnett
"Don't you care about me at all? I know you do, I saw it."
"I didn't mean for you to see it."
- - Nelda Carlson and Robert Goren
Background information and notes
- In this episode we learn that Detective Robert Goren's mother, Frances, was twenty-five when he was born.
- This is actor Fisher Stevens' first appearance in an episode from Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Stevens previously appeared in the Law & Order sixth season episode "Angel" as Ross Fineman, and would later return to Criminal Intent in the seventh season episode "Self-made" as Gareth Sage. The character he plays in this episode, Ray Garnett, is inspired by the well-known public personalities of Howard Stern, Rush Limbaugh and Spalding Gray.
- Actor Donald Corren appears as Dr. Nouriyani in this episode, but he is probably best known for his portrayal of Medill in nineteen Law & Order episodes.
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
"The Posthumous Collection"