|←||SVU, Episode 1.06||→|
|Production number: E0904|
First aired: 25 October 1999
| Written By|
Detectives Benson and Stabler are having trouble investigating the murder of a young student, because they experience resistance from the college that she attended.
Benson and Stabler investigate a female student's murder at a local college. When they develop a suspect on the basketball team, they experience resistance from the college, which is trying to preserve its reputation and its chance at an upcoming championship.
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Dean Winters as Detective Brian Cassidy
- Michelle Hurd as Detective Monique Jeffries
- Isabel Gillies as Kathy Stabler
- Erin Broderick as Maureen Stabler
- Holiday Segal as Kathleen Stabler
- Patricia Cook as Elizabeth Stabler
- Jeffrey Scaperrotta as Dickie Stabler
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Chris Orbach as Detective Ken Briscoe
- Frank Deal as A.D.A Don Newvine
- Lothaire Bluteau as Professor James Henri Rousseau
- Sean Squire as Chuck Mosley
- Kohl Sudduth as Riley Couger
- Tom O'Rourke as Anthony Schlasser
- Novella Nelson as Mrs. Mosley
- Claire Lautier as Shelley Brown
- George Martin as Father McCourt
- Reverend Al Sharpton as Himself
- John Elsen as Officer Weatherbee
- Bill Mitchell as Judge John Beale
- Julian Gamble as Defense Attorney Vargas
- Rose Stockton as Mrs. Gallagher
- Lauren Stamile as Sarah
- Barbara Caruso as Dr. Sara Goodnall
- Carla Bianchi as Mrs. Dunbar
- Michael Hobbs as Mr. Gallagher
- Teri Lamm as Becky Underwood
- Christopher Carley as Adam
- 15th Precinct
- Everglades University
- Jeanne Gallagher
- New Jersey
- Queens College
- St. Raymond's University
- Elliot Stabler: Just once, I want to see people take a little bit of a breather before they let the healing begin. Look at this. "Enrolled in God's college now. We love you, Jeanne."
- Olivia Benson: Come on Elliot. It's a spontaneous outpouring of emotion.
- Elliot Stabler: I'm just saying, if I ever go down, you better make sure the place where my body is found doesn't EVER look like this or I will haunt you for the rest of your days.
- Olivia Benson: Noted.
- Defense Attorney Vargas: Come on, Miss. You're badgering my client.
- Olivia Benson: It's Detective, not miss. And we're not in court, counselor. We're in my house so why don't you save your lawyering for somebody who gives a damn.
- Monique Jeffries: Everyone knows they bought their way up.
- Donald Cragen: Hey, hey, hey! Come on, watch it! That's my school you're talkin' about!
- Elliot Stabler: Everything's preliminary at this point.
- Olivia Benson: What isn't preliminary is that this girl was drunk. Alcohol level was .27.
- Donald Cragen: Wow. Triple the limit. There was a time I yearned for a girl who could drink like that.
- Officer: You want us to go through the trash?
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah, you. Personally.
- Elliot Stabler: I never lived in a dorm. That's what I wanted to do. I even knew where.
- Olivia Benson: Where?
- Elliot Stabler: Are you ready for this? Everglades University.
- Olivia Benson: Everglades?
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah. Playboy magazine rated universities by their sexual temperature. E.U., always at the top of the list.
- Olivia Benson: Beautiful. I can see you had your priorities in order.
- Elliot Stabler: Thank you.
(SVU is soliciting sperm samples from the St. Raymond's basketball team, but Rev. Sharpton has lodged a protest on behalf of the black players)
- Reverend Al Sharpton: I'll stand with you on this, Brother Mosely
- Chuck Mosely: ... (takes his sperm-collection cup and leaves)
Background information and notes
- A sophomore jinx refers to an instance in which a second, or sophomore, effort fails to live up to the standards of the first effort. It is commonly used to refer to the performance of athletes (second season of play), bands (sophomore album), and television shows. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit was the second series in the Law & Order franchise, but doesn't seem to be suffering from a sophomore jinx. Special Victims Unit is the highest rated television series in the franchise.
- Actor Tom O'Rourke (Campus Security Officer Anthony Schlasser) is a well known face in the Law & Order franchise. He previously appeared on Law & Order as recurring character Defense Attorney Peter Behrens, but he is probably best known for playing Judge Mark Seligman throughout the rest of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Episode scene cards
St. Raymond's University
Dorm Room of Shelley Brown
Office of Professor James Rousseau
Special Victims Unit
St. Julian's Square
| Previous episode:|
| "Sophomore Jinx"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|