|←||L&O, Episode 8.18||→|
|Production number: K2523|
First aired: 15 April 1998
| Written By|
A nurse is hospitalized after a fall that she claims resulted from a fight she had with a man who's been stalking her and sending her suggestive e-mail.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Joe Lisi as Defense Attorney Chris Minetti
- Roger Serbagi as Judge Robert Quinn
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Lynette DuPree as Judge Joyce Randall
- Robert Joy as Louis Dutton
- Susan Floyd as Andrea Blake
- Stephen Gevedon as Russell Lowery
- Harry Goz as Mr. Golavski
- Daniel Oreskes as Mr. Wilson
- Marilyn Rockafellow as Mrs. Blake
- Brian Delate as Detective Lloyd Fraker
- Yancey Arias as Paul Sanchez
- Leon Addison Brown as Anttwon Robertson
- Greg Zittel as Gene McDermott
- James Coyle as Jack O'Hara
- Kate Rigg as Anne Forbes
- James Shanklin as Matt Vasco
- Frank Girardeau as Ron Sebastian
- Nina Landey as Diane Carver
- Mara Holguin as Alicia Bennett
- Paul Crane as Peter Morgan
- Greg Shamie as Billy Carr
- Cheryl Clifford as Amber Carr
- David Raymond Wagner as CSU Technician
- Robin Martin as Jury Forewoman
- Lennie Briscoe: Anybody with you tonight?
- Building Superintendent: Yeah, the shrew I married. If I was gonna toss anybody down the stairs...
|“||Phone sex has been replaced by e-mail sex? Who knew?||”|
- Lennie Briscoe: So I ask him, "Was it the same old problem?". He said yeah. He wanted to have sex twice a day. She wanted to have it twice a year.
- Tony Profaci: So what did you do?
- Lennie Briscoe: I wrote him a summons that said, "You must have sex once a week and only once a week."
- Rey Curtis: And they bought it?
- Lennie Briscoe: Yeah. I'm the police.
- Medical Examiner: Beaten and stabbed, broken neck.
- Lennie Briscoe: At least she can't say, "I told you so."
- Jack McCoy: Lowery was in prison in Pennsylvania when the e-mail started.
- Jamie Ross: If he's Giovanni, then he must have had access to an on-line computer.
- Jack McCoy: Have they checked that out?
- Jamie Ross: No.
- Jack McCoy: How sure are they about Lowery?
- Jamie Ross: They dropped the ball, somebody got killed. They're sure and they want him.
- Jack McCoy: Send them to Pennsylvania.
- Lennie Briscoe: I hear some judge threw out the tape.
- Jack McCoy: We're waiting for the other shoe to drop.
- Lennie Briscoe: Which is?
- Jamie Ross: Motion to dismiss, which we're going to lose.
- Lennie Briscoe: The tape's out 'cause she lied about the first attack?
- Jack McCoy: Yes.
- Lennie Briscoe: I don't think she lied. I think the guy pushed her down the stairs.
- Jamie Ross: Did it occur to you to mention this sooner?
- Lennie Briscoe: I didn't know there was going to be a problem.
- Jamie Ross: Do you have anything besides an opinion based on hindsight?
- Lennie Briscoe: 28 Years' experience.
- Jack McCoy: Why did you change your mind?
- Lennie Briscoe: You saw the crime scene photos and you have to ask me that? We made a mistake and she paid for it.
- Jack McCoy: Do you understand the implications?
- Lennie Briscoe: Yeah. The defense has a police report that says the opposite of what I'm saying.
- Jack McCoy: Manetti will tear you to shreds on the stand. I can't stop it.
- Lennie Briscoe: I can make the case.
- Jack McCoy: Under oath?
- Lennie Briscoe: You set it up. I'll be there.
- Jack McCoy: We're indicting Lowery for attempted murder.
- Jamie Ross: For the incident on the stairs?
- Jack McCoy: I'm not sending Briscoe to the lions without backup.
- Jamie Ross: What about the police report?
- Jack McCoy: You heard the man. The police made a mistake.
- Judge Quinn: You're accusing a police detective of lying under oath and two Assistant D.A.s of suborning perjury. Do you have anything to back up your charges?
- Lennie Briscoe: Yeah. His opinion.
- Judge Quinn: All right, that'll do, Detective Briscoe. Move on, Mr. Manetti.
- Anita Van Buren: You were an inch away from perjury!
- Lennie Briscoe: More like a foot, foot and a half.
- Adam Schiff: What you've got is two cops making us look like morons.
- Jack McCoy: We're both trying to do the right thing.
- Adam Schiff: Their good intentions could cost us a conviction. Offer Lowery a plea.
- Jack McCoy: I did. Manetti turned it down.
- Adam Schiff: Then, do something else.
- Jack McCoy: We only have one move left.
- Jamie Ross: Hang Rey Curtis out to dry.
- Lt. Van Buren: [having heard of Briscoe's testimony] Where the hell do you get off pullin' a stunt like this?
- Briscoe: They were gonna dismiss the charges.
- Lt. Van Buren: So you lied to a judge?
- Briscoe: I didn't lie.
- Lt. Van Buren: I'm lookin' at the transcript, Lennie. You're an inch away from perjury!
- Briscoe: More like a foot, foot and a half.
- Lt. Van Buren: [slams the transcript on her desk] I am not laughing. How dare you go behind my back on somethin' like this.
- Briscoe: We owe this girl something. We called her a liar, and we sent her straight into Lowery's arms. Well, I don't think she lied, and that's what I said.
- Curtis: And thanks to you, Lowery's gonna walk.
- Briscoe: What the hell's that supposed to mean? I stopped him from walking.
- Curtis: What, for a couple of minutes? His lawyer just subpoenaed me to testify at the trial. For the defense!
- Briscoe: Fine! So back me up.
- Lt. Van Buren: One of my detectives lying under oath is more than enough! Thank you! That's it!
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
Rawling Correctional Facility
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|