|←||SVU, Episode 3.03||→|
|Production number: E2315|
First aired: 12 October 2001
| Written By|
Jonathan Greene & Robert F. Campbell
When a baby is stolen from her mother in a grocery store, Detectives Benson and Stabler soon discover that the kidnapping is only the tip of the iceberg in a baby snatching and selling scheme.
The kidnapping of an infant at a grocery store leads to a scheme of snatching and selling babies for adoption which brings back a case from 12 years ago that involved Captain Cragen and his partner, the late Max Greevey. Ultimately the case leads to a painful custody battle in which the detectives are on the adopted family's side and Cabot herself acts as their lawyer in an attempt to help. The adoptive parents do lose the case, but the judge requests the father make arrangements for the adoptive parents to have contact with the child which the father does seem like he's going to do.
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner
- Josh Pais as Defense Attorney Robert Sorensen
- Rob Bartlett as Defense Attorney Milton Schoenfeld
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Celia Weston as Margaret Talmadge
- Ted King as Tony Daricek
- Bruce Altman as Attorney Mark Sanford
- John Seitz as Herbert Talmadge
- Kerri Lee Green as Michele Daricek
- Elizabeth Hanly Rice as Linda Cook
- Ian Cronin as Tyler Blake / Stephen Talmadge
- Saundra McClain as Nurse
- Ellen Parker as Erin Blake
- John Sloman as Adam Blake
- David Aaron Baker as Robert Cook
- Jen Albano as Alicia Brown
- Randy Lutterman as Berman
- Charlotte Colavin as Judge D. Serani
- William H. Burns as Uniform Policeman #2
- Linda Cook as Susan Young
- Oliver Solomon as Sergeant Sheldon
- David DeBeck as Attorney Stern
- Adrienne Dreiss as Rebecca Reiter
- John Randolph Jones as Security Chief
- Liam Gearity as Stock Boy
- Ross Hellwig as Uniform Policeman #1
- Jeff Zubernis as Boy #1
- Alex Cabot: You lost your cool. You are too emotionally invested in this case!
- Don Cragen: Damn right.
- Odafin Tutuola: Three marriages, no children. You ever consider adopting?
- John Munch: The kindest thing I could ever do for a kid is not adopt.
- Robert Cook: I swear, I never thought that baby was mine. We only slept together a few times.
- John Munch: Sixth grade sex-ed: "Once is enough."
Background information and notes
- This episode brings back a twelve-year-old case from 1989 in which a mother was strangled to death. In that time Donald Cragen was partnered with Max Greevey.
Episode scene cards
Apartment of Alicia Brown
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|