|←||CI, Episode 3.06||→|
|Production number: E4511|
First aired: 2 November 2003
| Teleplay By|
Elizabeth Benjamin & René Balcer
The episode begins with four African Americans playing basketball, when finished, they decide to do business. At night, the four men are driving away from the city, the passengers begin to feel uncomfortable when a van follows them. The truck loses the car for a while, but then they get it, two men get out of the truck and approach the car, only to discover that the four men who were inside, have been killed
Detective Robert Goren, along with his partner Detective Lynn Bishop arrive at the crime scene, identify two of the men as Lewis and Price, undercover detectives and fellow detectives Williams and Gilman. The businesses that Lewis and Price were doing were buying guns, sadly, the guns were fake. When he begins to investigate the area, they discover on the ground that someone made a map, Goren and Bishop suspect that the murderer did it to guide him. The coroner manages to identify the other two bodies, Darren Exree and Levon Marcus, two mechanics from the Dixon`s Custom Auto workshop; Goren and Bishop go there, there, they discover that someone else was inside the garage, Jeff Dixon, the owner of the workshop, tells them that he had hired someone to take care of his workshop when they closed
Later, Major Cases is alerted to another murder, upon arrival, Goren and Bishop discover that the murderer killed five drug dealers, who were workers of Manny Oliverez, Goren and Bishop take into account that the murderer had an accomplice, which he got hurt. Goren and Bishop have new information in the case, they saw an African-American couple in the subway, which a girl was injured. They discover the name of the girl, Tamara Bates, who was locked up on Rikers Island, but was later released. Tamara's ex-boyfriend, Eugene Thomas admits to detectives that Bates came in with an injured ankle, helped her by putting a bandage on it.
Goren and Bishop find Tamara, who is running from Oliverez's men, Bates manages to escape their sight, but Manny arrives ready to kill her, but his work is frustrated thanks to the intervention of the police. At the community school district enrollment office, they discover that the other killer is Jerome Davis, a boy with dyslexia. When the identity of the murderer is discovered, they put his face in the newspapers with the name "Asesino de Policias"; Davis sees this in a pharmacy and escapes the scene, only to be arrested by Goren and Bishop.
A.D.A Carver, along with Goren and Bishop, send Jerome and Tamara to the New York County Courthouse; Carver is in an office recording the perpetrators, while the detectives try to make the murderers confess, at first, nobody speaks, but when Goren tells Davis that Bates is going to betray him, leaving with the money, Jerome loses control and tries to strangle Tamara, the guards arrive and grab Davis, who tells them that he can tell them the location of the money, Bates tries to make Jerome shut up, the guards take Davis away from the place, as he begins to scream saying that he will kill Tamara
Carver meets with Goren, Bishop and Captain Deakins, who informs them that the prosecutor gave Bates life in prison without parole, while Davis received the death penalty for the murders. Then Goren, Bishop, Deakins and Carver head to the funeral of the two fallen policemen.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Rodney Hicks as Jerome Davis
- Nikki Michelle James as Tamara Bates
- Ernestine Jackson as Agnes Bates
- Jacinto Taras Riddick as Eugene Thomas
- Gene Gabriel as Detective Alvarez
- Gano Grills as Detective Price
- Michael Howell as Jeff Dixon
- Rafael Cabrera as Detective Williams
- Yusuf Gatewood as Detective Lewis
- Charles Holt as Detective Gilman
- Rahad Coulter-Stevenson as Levon Marcus
- D'Monroe as Darren Exree
- Alysia Reiner as Leslie Hurst
- Gerald Bunsen as Ed Levitt
- Jeff Pucillo as Brian Sisto
- Mario Polit as Manny Oliverez
- Regina O'Malley as Sheila Michaels
- Dori Legg as Barbara Louis
- Eliyas Qureshi as Feroz Khandwalla
- Michael Tennant as Pizza Guy
- David Haugen as Motel Clerk
- George O. Wever, Jr. as Lovell
- Luis Antonio Aponte as Court Officer
- Alex Tavis as First Uniform Officer
- Gary Ray as Desk Manager
- Frank Santorelli as Detective on Scene
- Jamil Mena as Hitman (uncredited)
- Goren: If I'm not scrolling fast enough, be my guest...
- Bishop: Sorry, I didn't mean to...
- Goren: No, really, I don't mind, you know. Eames likes to drive, so she drives. You want to scroll, scroll.
- Bishop: Thank you, no.
- Goren: Do you want to take the car?
- Bishop: No. Why? It's only a couple blocks.
- Goren: Well, your feet hurt. I noticed that you're curling your toes in your shoes.
- Bishop: Where're you going?
- Goren: Out for pancakes.
|“||After a week of killings, nothing like soft lights and a warm bath.||”|
–G. Lynn Bishop
- Eugene Thomas: Oh, what you going in my bag for?
- Robert Goren: Because I can. You're low on Ace bandages.
Background information and notes
In the final scene a comment made by Carver towards Goren implies the latter is against the death penalty. This is confirmed in Want.
Episode scene cards
Dixon's Custom Auto
New York County
Smokey's Check Cashing
New York Community
New York County
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
"A Murderer Among Us"