|"The Book of Esther"|
|←||SVU, Episode 19.20||→|
|Production number: 19020|
First aired: 2 May 2018
| Written By|
Richard Sweren & Ryan Causey
Jean de Segonzac
Rollins races to rescue a girl being held captive by her father.
- Mariska Hargitay as Lieutenant Olivia Benson
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Peter Scanavino as Detective Dominick Carisi, Jr.
- Philip Winchester as A.D.A. Peter Stone (credit only)
- Ray McKinnon as William Labott
- Rebekah Kennedy as Esther Labott
- Brandy Zarle as Debbie Labott
- Sami Molly Bray as Rachel Labott
- Stan Demidoff as Sergeant Patrick Costello
- R. Ward Duffy as Van Norris
- Margaret Rose Champagne as Conductor
- Ron Scott as Metropolitan Transportation Authority Officer
- Stephen Payne as Beau Helm
- Nimo Gandhi as Gupta
- Donna Wandrey as Charlotte
- Jean Goto as Neighbor #1
- J.D. Mollison as Neighbor #2
- Chris Russell as EMT #1
- Sebastian Hedges Thomas as Human Shield Son
- This episode is based on the Turpin family abuse case in Perris, California. Carisi even references the case.
- Rollins [about Esther] I can tell she's smart by the biblical connections she's making.
- Olivia: But it's like it was drilled into her.
- Rollins: Oh, yeah, this goes way past the Sunday school indoctrination my mom made me sit through. This is a form of control. It's a way to discourage analytical thinking.
- Olivia: Or a place to turn if she's lost or in pain.
- Rollins: Or scare you into thinking you're gonna burn in hell if you... you wear a skirt above your knee. I mean, somebody's doing this to keep her in line and she's still protecting them.
- Olivia: I know that this is hard.
- Rollins: Hard? Just imagine how hard those kids' lives were. And then to have to sit there and listen to that... that zealot use God to justify it!
Background Information and Notes
| Previous episode:|
"Sunk Cost Fallacy"
| "The Book of Esther"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.