|"The Good Child"|
|←||CI, Episode 4.18||→|
|Production number: E5421|
First aired: 3 April 2005
| Teleplay By|
Marlane Gomard Meyer
Marlane Gomard Meyer & René Balcer
Jean de Segonzac
The murder of a married couple in the Witness Protection Program leads Goren and Eames to investigate their adopted daughter, whom they discover is just as much a victim as the couple.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Melissa Leo as Maureen Curtis
- Gaby Hoffmann as Rachel Coburn/Burnett
- Deirdre O'Connell as Nina Lipton
- Bruce McCarty as Buffalo District Attorney Etting
- Lizbeth MacKay as Camille Coburn
- John Shea as Trevor Lipton
- Michael Hobbs as Dennis Coburn/Meisner
- Daisy Seda as Dotty Marinko
- Michael Jannetta as Detective Gaydos
- Lisa Romain as Officer Durst
- Ray DeMattis as Harry
- Jean Arbeiter as Irene
- Barbara Marineau as Betty
- Margaret Schenck as Greta
- Richard Sirianni as Darryl
- Patrick Holder as Duane
- Tim Howard as Mortuary Man
- Douglas J. Aguirre as Correction Officer (uncredited)
- Stewart Summers as ER Doctor (uncredited)
- Trevor Lipton: I don't even know who she is.
- Robert Goren: I-I think that you do, 'cause when I mentioned her name your pulse went up, but when I said that she was missing, you didn't skip a beat. So I don't think it's news to you.
- Trevor Lipton: My, my. A human polygraph.
- (Goren bursts out laughing)
|“||She stole our stapler! (Eames looks at him quizzically) Maureen, she stole our stapler. That's why she has all those knickknacks. That's interesting.||”|
- Gun Dealer: I didn't drive eight hours so you could stare a hole in the trunk.
- Customer: This guy doesn't want a cannon.
- (Goren has turned one of the rooms at the precinct into a diorama of the Burnetts' kitchen)
|“||I think I've been on this ride at Disney World.||”|
|“||The plot sickens.||”|
|“||Look at what you've done! All because you couldn't keep your hands off the damn eggcup! EGGCUP!||”|
Background information and notes
- Actor John Shea (Trevor Lipton) appears for the first time in an episode from Law & Order: Criminal Intent. Shea returns to the series in the seventh season episode "Legacy", and appeared in several episodes from Law & Order.
| Previous episode:|
| "The Good Child"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|