|"The Long Arm Of The Witness"|
|←||SVU, Episode 22.06||→|
|Production number: 22006|
First aired (US): 21 January 2021
First aired (UK): 9 July 2021
First aired (CAN): 20 January 2021
First aired (AUS): 18 March 2021
| Teleplay By|
Denis Hamill & Warren Leight
Denis Hamill & Micharne Cloughley
Carisi takes on a powerful judge when he inexplicably dismisses the rape case of a university student.
Holmes reveals that he had believed Gallagher was going to attack him so he secretly recorded the latter speaking as evidence. This left Charles with no choice but to make a deal. Initially agreeing to one year of house arrest and ending his political and law career, Gallagher pleads to sexual misconduct. Judge Lewis asks Carisi if he is satisfied with the outcome as he says his office is. However, Lewis overrules the deal and after admonishing Gallagher in open court about his actions, she changes Charles' deal of one year of house arrest to one year of incarceration in prison instead.
This leaves the jury and Gallagher in complete shock and he tries to bring up how they had a deal but Lewis tells him he should be familiar with how the law has inherent powers. She then orders the court guards to take Gallagher away while the jury applaud her for really ensuring true justice.
- Mariska Hargitay as Captain Olivia Benson
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Ice-T as Sergeant Odafin Tutuola
- Peter Scanavino as A.D.A. Dominick Carisi, Jr.
- Jamie Gray Hyder as Detective Katriona Tamin
- Demore Barnes as Deputy Chief Christian Garland
- Elizabeth Marvel as Attorney Rita Calhoun
- Wentworth Miller as A.D.A. Isaiah Holmes
- Narci Regina as Maya Bell
- TJ Lee as Celia Long
- Josh Stamberg as Judge Charles Gallagher
- Michelle Peters as Francine Giamba
- Adriane Lenox as Judge Annette Lewis
- Evander Duck, Jr. as Captain Al Norton
- Elia Monte-Brown as Carmen Benitez
- Toni Belafonte as President Michelle DuBois
- Graham Rowat as A.D.A. Ezra Blank
- Rosie Berrido as Gladys Palma
- Dylan James as Ian Hunter
- Maeve Yore as April Kelly
- Elena Urdaneta as Valentina Palma
- Amanda Morrow as Alicia Norton
- Joe Discher as Court Officer
Background Information and Notes
- The episode title is derived from the phrase "the long arm of the law".
- Rita Calhoun returns after a long absence, her previous appearance being in the eighteenth season.
- ADA Isaiah Holmes is promoted to Head of the Civil Rights Unit as of this episode.
- Rollins mentions to Maya Bell why she left her hometown, which was also explained in the episode "Forgiving Rollins".
"Turn Me On Take Me Private"
|"The Long Arm Of The Witness"
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
"Hunt, Trap, Rape and Release"