|←||SVU, Episode 14.03||→|
|Production number: 14004|
First aired: 10 October 2012
| Teleplay By|
John P. Roche
Julie Martin & Warren Leight
Jean de Segonzac
The SVU detectives spring into action when the author of a best-selling romance novel is attacked by a popular television show host.
The young author of a wildly successful S&M romance novel goes home with a famous television show host, who forces himself on her. Detectives Benson and Rollins work to convince the victim to file charges, with the assistance of a brash new Manhattan District Attorney. As the SVU squad digs into her background to uncover potential trial pitfalls, Detective Amaro uncovers a secret that threatens to destroy the young woman’s career as well as her case.
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Danny Pino as Detective Nick Amaro
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen (credit only)
- Elizabeth Marvel as Defense Attorney Rita Calhoun
- Tonye Patano as Judge Linda Maskin
- Peter McRobbie as Judge Walter Bradley
- Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba
- Adam Baldwin as Captain Steven Harris
- Steve Rosen as Public Defender Michael Guthrie
- Roger Bart as Adam Cain
- Anna Chlumsky as Jocelyn Paley
- Romy Rosemont as Professor Kathleen Dobson
- Rory O'Malley as Craig
- Hallie Cooper-Novack as Katie
- Lucia Spina as Sara Palermo
- Jay McInerney as Himself
- J. Elaine Marcos as Lisa Vaughan
- Jane Dashow as Holly
- Nava Namdar as Jury Foreperson
- Barba: [to Jocelyn Paley] The one thing you decide to leave out is the one thing the defense is going to use to blow up the case. You may not like me when we're done.
- Jocelyn Paley: I don't like you now.
- Barba: Honesty. Good.
- Amaro: [to Olivia] One thing about you, you need to have a partner you can trust.
- Barba: Whether you're a john in the South Bronx or a $3-million-a-year talk show host, no means no.
- Adam Cain: [while being arrested] This is a joke! NYPD got so jammed up with their hooker scandal, they'll do anything they can to distract from it.
- Munch: You don't know when to shut up!
- Adam Cain: Court of public opinion, baby. It's my wheelhouse.
- Fin: Taking down rapists: that's ours.
- Barba [to Calhoun] How about Cain opens his mouth again, I'll move for a gag order?
- Rita Calhoun: From what I read, your witness likes those too.
- Jocelyn Paley: [to Barba] You told me I wouldn't like you when this was over. You were right. What do I do now? My reputation's...
- Barba: Thing about America: this country loves a comeback.
Background information and notes
- The book in this episode was inspired by E.L. James erotic novel, Fifty Shades of Grey.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba.
- So far, this is the final appearance of Judge Walter Bradley.
Episode scene cards
Grand Jury Number 3
| Previous episode:|
| "Twenty-Five Acts"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|