|←||SVU, Episode 14.03||→|
|Production number: 14004|
First aired: 10 October 2012
| Teleplay By|
John P. Roche
Julie Martin & Warren Leight
Jean de Segonzac
The SVU detectives spring into action when the author of a best-selling romance novel is attacked by a popular television show host.
The young author of a wildly successful S&M romance novel goes home with a famous television show host, who forces himself on her. Detectives Benson and Rollins work to convince the victim to file charges, with the assistance of a brash new Manhattan District Attorney. As the SVU squad digs into her background to uncover potential trial pitfalls, Detective Amaro uncovers a secret that threatens to destroy the young woman’s career as well as her case.
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Danny Pino as Detective Nick Amaro
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen (credit only)
- Elizabeth Marvel as Defense Attorney Rita Calhoun
- Tonye Patano as Judge Linda Maskin
- Peter McRobbie as Judge Walter Bradley
- Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba
- Adam Baldwin as Captain Steven Harris
- Steve Rosen as Public Defender Michael Guthrie
- Roger Bart as Adam Cain
- Anna Chlumsky as Jocelyn Paley
- Romy Rosemont as Professor Kathleen Dobson
- Rory O'Malley as Craig
- Hallie Cooper-Novack as Katie
- Lucia Spina as Sara Palermo
- Jay McInerney as Himself
- J. Elaine Marcos as Lisa Vaughan
- Jane Dashow as Holly
- Nava Namdar as Jury Foreperson
Background information and Notes
- The book in this episode was inspired by E.L. James erotic novel, Fifty Shades of Grey.
- This episode marks the first appearance of Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba.
- So far, this is the final appearance of Judge Walter Bradley as well as any other judge from the original Law & Order.
Episode scene cards
Grand Jury Number 3
| Previous episode:|
| "Twenty-Five Acts"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|