|"Under the Influence"|
|←||L&O, Episode 8.11||→|
|Production number: K2517|
First aired: 7 January 1998
| Written By|
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Cliff Gorman as Judge Gary Feldman
- David Garrison as Defense Attorney Richard Billings
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Pat Moya as Deborah Curtis
- Arielle Kaplan as Serena Curtis
- Kathryn Meisle as Susan Young
- Gene Canfield as Detective Fred Norris
- Melanie Rey as Mrs. Galvez
- Claywood Sempliner as Defense Attorney Fischer
- Daniel McDonald as Bernard Dressler
- Augusta Dabney as Mrs. LaValle
- Elana Renderos as Tena Galvez
- Robert Catrini as Carl Pettijohn
- Chuck Montgomery as Bob Gilsdorf
- Rony Clanton as Alternator Jones
- Europe Harmon as Reggie Clanton
- Susan Pilar as Gabrielle Barra
- Joseph P. Dandry as Day Doorman
- Michael Ciulla as Night Doorman
- Matthew Lewis as Judge Dennis Murphy
- Lauren Kaplan as Isabel Curtis
- Joshua C. Stamberg as Mechanic
- Patrick InZetta as Uniform Policeman
|“||Your car came back from Russia, Bernie, with love.||”|
–Lennie Briscoe arresting Bernard Dressler
- Jack McCoy: Kills three people and hides behind the bottle.
- Jamie Ross: The law says he can.
- Jack McCoy: The law. Probably written on a cocktail napkin. Intent follows the bullet. It shouldn't matter if it was fired by a drunk or by Carrie Nation.
- Jamie Ross: Has he talked to you about this case?
- Lennie Briscoe: McCoy? Eh, briefings, witness preps.
- Jamie Ross: I don't mean that.
- Lennie Briscoe: You mean, has he said, "This one's for Claire Kincaid"? No. That guy got 12 months at Mount McGregor.
|“||This is the District Attorney's office! We prosecute criminals! If you could stop thinking like a defense attorney maybe you'd grasp the concept!||”|
–McCoy snaps at Ross
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
NY County Morgue
One Police Plaza
John F. Kennedy
Karl's Exotic Car Emporium
| Previous episode:|
| "Under the Influence"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|