|←||CI, Episode 3.12||→|
|Production number: E4507|
First aired: 18 January 2004
| Teleplay By|
Stephanie Sengupta & René Balcer
Jean de Segonzac
After Goren and Eames have a body exhumed, it's determined that the deceased was poisoned. Suspects include his widow and a fundraiser organizer. They discover the fundraiser organizer has a pathological need to be praised and killed the first victim to use his widow's money in a big show starring his widow. However, after the organizer's mother, the one who wrote the letter that led to the exhumation, is also found murdered, they find the widow also has a similar pathology. She feared her show would be canceled and so conspired with the organizer's mobster partner to kill her.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Casey Siemaszko as Harvey Gruenwald
- Rebecca Schull as Esther Gruenwald
- Gerry Becker as Lawrence Bradley
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Sal Richards as Nick Weaver
- Claire Bloom as Marion Whitney
- Michael Oberlander as George Salinas
- Stewart Steinberg as Stan Newman
- Gloria Sauve as Delia Carter
- James Rutledge as Ned Blake
- Debbie Lee Jones as Mrs. Perry
- Susan Barrett as Kelly Finlay
- Richard Easley as Gerard O'Keefe
- Melinda Tanner as Judge Hefler
- Gwendolyn Bucci as Jeanie Sebald
- Ridley Parson as Winslow
- John Pieza as Sylvio
- Dylan Spiers as Dillon
- Freddie Roman as Tie Shop Owner
- Joel Fabiani as Daniel
- Pete Macnamara as Assistant Medical Examiner (uncredited)
- Goren: "New York Gives A Damn." This is one of your late husband's causes?
- Whitney: No. One of mine. You're interrupting a very important evening.
- Goren: We can come back tomorrow.
- Whitney: That would be so much better.
- Goren: Yeah, but since we're here...
- Deakins: 500 bucks. Who's Terry?
- Eames: My date. Well, what was I supposed to do while I was pregnant, sit home and knit?
|“||You spirits that tend on mortal thought, unsex me here, and fill me from the crown to the toe...||”|
- Eames: And they thought they were the answers to each other's prayers.
- Goren: Well they were. I mean, she's going to have another shot at fame at her trial. And Harvey...I think Harvey will like jail. It's where all the famous people are these days.
|“||So Harvey's having to rob Peter to pay the pandas.||”|
- Eames: Before James Whitney died, Marion Whitney already had Harvey plotting her new life.
- Goren: And maybe her husband's death.
- Whitney: You can't do this to me. This can't be happening to me.
- Eames: Sorry. Looks like you forgot your ruby slippers.
- Bradley: Students have to show commitment, and talent, and...
- Eames: A big bank account?
|“||You are tough, Mrs. Gruenwald, 'cause normally Detective Eames and I, we'd be in the living room by now.||”|
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|
"Pas de Deux"