- 1 Law & Order: Organized Crime
- 2 Delete Pages
- 3 Rajaram block
- 4 Episode scene cards
- 5 Questionable template
- 6 Hank Abraham edit
- 7 Linden Delroy
- 8 Upcoming UCP migration
- 9 My Plot Summaries
- 10 Mason Rollins
- 11 Alana Gonzalez
- 12 Australian premiere dates
- 13 End of the year review!
- 14 Episode Infobox
- 15 Community
- 16 Infoboxes
- 17 Tommy Callahan Page
- 18 Judge Annette Lewis page
- 19 Miles Stone
- 20 Wiki Representative
- 21 Invite
- 22 Wiki policies
- 23 Howard Eastman and Nolan Tinsdale
- 24 Alfred Minaya
- 25 The Monthly - March 26
- 26 Trump casting
- 27 Policy draft
- 28 Restricted editing suggestion
- 29 FandomDesktop
- 30 Messing up with Amanda Rollins, Apologize letter.
- 31 Deleting pages
- 32 Block
- 33 FandomDesktop: Theme Designer
- 34 ContributingHelperOnTheSide's edits
- 35 Previous Pages Deleted
- 36 Law and Order Podcasts
- 37 Arrangement for Discussion
- 38 FandomDesktop
- 39 Silver Lining
- 40 Sockpuppet
- 41 Photos and Videos
- 42 "Pedo Hotel" and Sarah Everard
- 43 SVU "Trials"
- 44 Article and Headline Rips About Struggles and Cases
- 45 "The Healer"
- 46 "Folly": Suttons and Gallegos
Law & Order: Organized Crime[edit source]
On March 31, 2020, Wolf announced that the spin-off series has ordered for NBC to launch in the 2020–21 television, with Christopher Meloni reprising his role as Elliot Stabler, who left SVU nine-years later. The series will consist of 13 episodes.] On June 2, 2020, it was announced that the series would be called Law & Order: Organized Crime and showrunner Craig Gore has been fired.
- I might be wrong, but Law & Order: OC might start soon
"Neither the spin-off nor Meloni's SVU return have announced official air dates as of yet, but Leight has said that they wouldn't be reintroducing the character to SVU "until the night of his Organized Crime premiere."
- You can find the name of the first episode in the Metadata of this picture.
- File:Elliot Stabler in Law & Order- Organized Crime.JPG
LAW & ORDER: ORGANIZED CRIME -- "What Happens in Puglia" Episode 101 -- Pictured: Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler -- (Photo by: Virginia Sherwood/NBC) Wildrose-Wally (talk) 03:09, 5 February 2021 (UTC)
- Would you mind changing the navigation bar? Maybe Law & Order: UK should be replaced with Law & Order: OC. UK is really a foreign re-make of the original, like the French and Russian re-makes.Wildrose-Wally (talk) 20:44, 2 April 2021 (UTC)
- I'm honestly not sure how to do that. Season Fourteen (talk) 21:30, 2 April 2021 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks! :D Season Fourteen (talk) 22:44, 2 April 2021 (UTC)
- Great, it worked. Now you know how to do it. If you want you can make them look the same now by adding "Law & Order:" to "Criminal Intent" and "Trial by Jury" (or just replacing what is there with the actual page name), although be careful that the name showing is not too long. I forget how long they can be. I know "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" is too long though.Wildrose-Wally (talk) 22:55, 2 April 2021 (UTC)
- Just took care of it. Let me know if it all translated well. Season Fourteen (talk) 22:58, 2 April 2021 (UTC)
- Sweet. :D Season Fourteen (talk) 23:15, 2 April 2021 (UTC)
Delete Pages[edit source]
Rajaram block[edit source]
- For constantly spamming talk pages with questions about episode access, which no one has. Season Fourteen (talk) 00:09, June 19, 2020 (UTC)
- Can u give Rajaram12345678910 one more chance? Blankvillager (talk) 20:06, June 20, 2020 (UTC)
Episode scene cards[edit source]
Questionable template[edit source]
Hey Season Fourteen, hope you are doing well. I was hoping you could look at or even delete a "questionable" template I found while editing. The name of the template is the same as the page I found it on: Edward Crandall. Seems to be a clunky version of the character inforbox, so I switched it on the page. Afterwards I saw the person who created the template also created the page, which to me doesn't make sense. Why create an infobox for one single character? Get back to me soon and hope you are staying safe out there. Hito7187199 (talk) 04:18, July 7, 2020 (UTC)
- I'll look into it. Season Fourteen (talk) 04:33, July 7, 2020 (UTC)
- I've determined the user in question is a sockpuppet account of another new user and have blocked the alternate account as such. Because the user wasn't using the sock account to evade a block, I've decided to leave the master account unblocked for now, but I will indef them if it ever comes down to it. Thank you for pointing me in their direction. Season Fourteen (talk) 04:50, July 7, 2020 (UTC)
Hank Abraham edit[edit source]
- Just because someone is sentenced to four years in prison, it doesn't mean their sentence has elapsed by now. Until we get confirmation from the show on what his current status is, he is, by all means and purposes, still technically imprisoned, and anything assuming otherwise is just pure, baseless speculation. Season Fourteen (talk) 08:42, July 27, 2020 (UTC)
Linden Delroy[edit source]
Hey Season Fourteen, hope you are doing well and staying safe out there. I found something weird that I don't know how to fix. The picture shown of this character is not a picture of the character the page describes, it is actually a picture of the attorney Linus Tate portrayed by David Pittu (Just to be clear, there are two seperate photos of Linus Tate on both pages). Is there a way to change the image the file is supposed to display or should the photo be removed altogether? Hito7187199 (talk) 03:23, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
- It depends. If you have a new photo and it's a .jpeg file, then you can simply replace the image. If it's not a .jpeg file, then the photo on the article has to be deleted and replaced. Season Fourteen (talk) 07:06, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
- Okay. Season Fourteen (talk) 07:32, August 6, 2020 (UTC)
Upcoming UCP migration[edit source]
Hey there! It's been a while since I've heard from you, I hope you're staying safe and healthy.
As you are probably aware, Fandom is currently in the process of migrating their communities over to the Unified Community Platform (UCP). These migrations were temporarily paused in order to resolve some issues that began to appear. This pause has ended and your community will be migrated over to the UCP within the next couple weeks.
I wanted to check in in the meantime and try to see if you have any questions or concerns? Please let me know!
- What sort of changes will this migration entail? Season Fourteen (talk) 20:24, September 15, 2020 (UTC)
My Plot Summaries[edit source]
Hello. I am trying to learn how Fandom works, so I guess that this is the place to talk. You accused me of plagiarizing my plot summaries for SVU. I am not upset because I can see how someone would think that. I can assure you that I do not plagiarize them, I just really love SVU and am willing to spend hours typing out plot summaries. I attached a screenshot of the google doc I was working in last night, for "Stalked" with the time saying last edit was at 10:00 pm. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by PizzaIzLif3 (talk • contribs).
Mason Rollins[edit source]
- Not notable. Even if the character did appear physically (which I've seen no proof of), he needs to be a recurring character for notability to be considered. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:23, 16 November 2020 (UTC)
Alana Gonzalez[edit source]
- She wasn't fired at the time of the episode. She was an active officer from beginning to end. Whatever happens off-screen isn't of this Wikia's concern. Season Fourteen (talk) 06:47, 17 November 2020 (UTC)
Australian premiere dates[edit source]
Why did you delete the Australian premiere dates for the episodes that I added. They are just as important as the US air dates even if they are foreign and are indeed part of the episodes background information. To remove these dates when people around the world as well as my own country Australia can see them and learn when these first aired is quite an insult in my honest opinion. Shame that you think they're not important or interesting enough to add. Ryanfellowsfitts23 (talk) 10:51, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- Are we going to talk about when SVU aired in Canada or the UK or France, then? Are we going apply that to L&O and CI as well? I'm sorry, but just because it's your home country, it doesn't mean we should give it special treatment or preference. Plus, I don't see the usefulness of such information in an encyclopedic context. It's to be expected if the air-dates are different compared to the U.S. Season Fourteen (talk) 10:54, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
- The only reason I would think a certain air-date should be worth mentioning as trivia is if the episode in question had to be postponed for an outside, non-routine reason, e.g. COVID-19. The inclusion of international air-dates bears no actual notability if the foundation of the purported notability is the simple fact that they're different from U.S. air-dates, which (again) is to be expected in reality. Season Fourteen (talk) 11:05, 10 December 2020 (UTC)
End of the year review![edit source]
Hope you’re doing well! We know it’s been a unique and challenging year for everyone, but hopefully, Fandom was able to bring some joy during these uncertain times. As this year comes to a close, Fandom is thinking about how to move forward in 2021, and in order to do that, we would like to reflect back on our work in 2020. That’s why I’m reaching out to you because we’d love to hear your opinion about the work that we’ve done in previous months. We’ve had a lot of major changes this year, and we would like to continue working in the right direction and find solutions to any problems you may have. Your voice is vital in making that happen.
We would greatly appreciate you, and any other interested users here, filling out this form with your feedback about your experience on the platform this year, so we can get a sense of how we did, how we can improve, and what our focus should be for 2021. This survey will be totally anonymous, so we encourage you to be as honest and constructive as possible.
Also, if you would like to be more involved with what’s happening at Fandom, feel free to join our Discord server if you haven’t already. This is an active place for users of all communities to come together and interact with various staff members from different departments, either through scheduled AMAs or just general everyday conversation so that we can collect feedback from you about our platform and see how we can work to implement those changes. We’d love to see you there!
Thank you in advance for taking the time to provide us with your thoughts and feedback. Thank you for all of your continued hard work on Fandom, and we wish you the happiest of holidays!
If you have any additional questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to send those my way and I will be more than happy to help you!
Episode Infobox[edit source]
I noticed that there seems to be an error in the infobox having to do with the first airing dates for the United States, UK, Canada, and Australia. Thenchick 18:36, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
- I'm well aware of it. It's part of a new edit to the infoboxes. If you happen to know any air-dates for those countries, please add them. It needs to look like this. Season Fourteen (talk) 23:24, 11 December 2020 (UTC)
There was an user that posted off topic in the community, please ban him and delete the post https://lawandorder.fandom.com/f/p/4400000000000038790 Hughlaurie1959 (talk) 20:35, 13 December 2020 (UTC)
- Done. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:08, 14 December 2020 (UTC)
I have noticed that some infoboxes don't work anymore. I don't have too much experience, but I did put a different infobox on the LA episode Hollywood. Feel free to switch back to the older one or let me know if you want me to continue. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Wildrose-Wally (talk • contribs).
- The infoboxes look different because I added in some new fields regarding international air-dates. Ryanfellowsfitts23 is working on filling them in as they go along, but it's going to be a long process. If you happen to know the British, Canadian, and Australian air-dates of certain episodes, please add them in. Please know that it needs to look like this. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:46, 29 December 2020 (UTC)
- Ah, okay. I'm not an expert in air-dates outside of the U.S., so I wouldn't have known that earlier, but thank you for that. Season Fourteen (talk) 04:24, 29 December 2020 (UTC)
Tommy Callahan Page[edit source]
Why did you delete all the information from his page? While he only was in the one episode, the information was about him. It was fairly accurate too as I had been watching the episode through Peacock when I wrote the information up. Thenchick 20:51, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
- At least make the information thorough and don't rely on others to fill in the blanks for you. Season Fourteen (talk) 02:51, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- I was still working on it, hence the stub template being added to the top.Thenchick 03:08, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- It sure was taking you a while to continue working on it. I always work on character articles while I'm watching the episodes in real time on my laptop. If I don't have access to all the information, I just write a small summary, like how some of the other character articles are written. I don't just stop midway and leave it there. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:15, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- I was still working on it, hence the stub template being added to the top.Thenchick 03:08, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
Judge Annette Lewis page[edit source]
- Read other character articles and use them as a template for your article creation. That article was woefully incomplete and with faulty linkage. Season Fourteen (talk) 07:47, 25 January 2021 (UTC)
Miles Stone[edit source]
- There was an official Access Hollywood logo on it. We must avoid including official logos on there for legal reasons. Season Fourteen (talk) 22:35, 2 February 2021 (UTC)
Wiki Representative[edit source]
Hi there! My name is Chris, and I will be your Wiki Representative for this wiki, taking over from Corey. As before, I'm here to help the community and be a liaison to full-time Fandom staff. If you ever have a question or issue relating to the wiki, editing, etc., please contact me moving forward and I will do my best to assist you.
If you want to add me on Discord I'm at Spongebob456#7402 which is an easy way to reach me - wiki talk page works too! I'm looking forward to working with you! :) Spongebob456 (talk) 17:31, 12 February 2021 (UTC)
If you can check your email associated with your Fandom account, you'll hopefully find an invite to join us for The Monthly, a special private Fandom webinar-style event hosted by our Global Community Lead, Will ‘MisterWoodhouse’ Kavanagh. This series will cover important topics affecting the wiki platform on a monthly basis, giving you a briefing on what you need to know from Fandom, with some purely fun stuff as well.
The first edition of The Monthly is this Friday, February 26th with two opportunities to join: 9am and 4pm US Eastern. Future editions of The Monthly will be the final Friday of each month, schedule permitting. :) --Spongebob456 talk 19:27, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
Wiki policies[edit source]
Hey there Season Fourteen! I noticed in the wiki navigation that this wiki has Policies listed, but the links don't lead anywhere. As Fandom released a new Wiki Rules and Blocking Policy recently, which determines wikis should have clear policies and block using them, now might be a good time to check this wiki's policies. We have to do this by April 1, do you need me to draft some policies ready, or do you have something in mind? I look forward to hearing from you! --Spongebob456 talk 15:55, 2 March 2021 (UTC)
- Go on ahead! :D Season Fourteen (talk) 06:04, 3 March 2021 (UTC)
- Okay. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:15, 4 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hi, just letting you know I've not forgotten! The bug squashing effort has taken a lot of time. These are the policies we have so far, and I will add them to the wiki and - if it's ok - the wiki navigation near the end of the month. Any questions/comments/concerns, please let me know! :) --Spongebob456 talk 10:36, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
Howard Eastman and Nolan Tinsdale[edit source]
So I watched law and orders episode Armed Forces and the page for Howard Eastman is incorrect. For starters Howard wasn't a soldier for the U.S. army, which means he didn't committed the mass murder with Nolan Tinsdale and his squad, and he wasn't murdered by Tinsdale or Stan Fletcher. The person who went through all this was Howards nephew, Joseph Eastman.
- Thank you for finally using the talk page. You wouldn't happen to be the same user who's been adding all those plot summaries, would you? Season Fourteen (talk) 08:04, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- No, I'm not the one whose adding all of the plot summaries – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gjacob818 (talk • contribs).
- It's just that they were doing those edits first, and you've been using a whole lot of IP accounts before, so I got suspicious. Season Fourteen (talk) 08:35, 13 March 2021 (UTC)
- No, I'm not the one whose adding all of the plot summaries – The preceding unsigned comment was added by Gjacob818 (talk • contribs).
Alfred Minaya[edit source]
Hey Season Fourteen
So here the thing about the Victor Delgado page, Alfred was not a Police officer, just Kevin Quinn. Alfred was a drug dealer and gang member, who lied about Ray killing Officer Joe Dutton.
The Monthly - March 26[edit source]
Hey again! The boilerplate policies are still on the way :)
Just wanted to let you know that last month we announced that Fandom is doing a monthly admin get together called The Monthly to keep you up to date with the latest Fandom news. The next session will be next week, Friday, March 26.
Last month, you should have received an email about it, with the option to either opt-in or opt-out of receiving invites. If you haven't already, please do dig up the first email and select one of the following options:
- opt-in will put you on the monthly mailing list, ensuring that you'll get an invite each time. Next week's invite has been sent out!
- opt-out will take you off the mailing list.
It is known that the links will appear broken when you click on them, but your chosen preference will still be registered.
If you want to let me know which option you chose, that would be great as if you decided to opt out then I will stop messaging you about it. Many thanks! :) --Spongebob456 talk 14:43, 20 March 2021 (UTC)
- I wish to opt-out. Season Fourteen (talk) 22:15, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
Trump casting[edit source]
The Law & Order: Special Victims Unit Unofficial Companion was written by two of the shows writers Randee Dawn and Susan Green. The statement about Donald Trump being originally cast as Barclay Pallister was stated by one of the shows producers. The book is 100% legitimate and covers the first ten seasons of the show. Ryanfellowsfitts23 (talk) 05:13, 24 March 2021 (UTC)
Policy draft[edit source]
Hi, here is the policy draft I was thinking of. Am I good to import that + add it to the wiki nav? All those policies can be edited as you wish - keeping to Fandom-wide policy guidelines - and more can be added. :) --Spongebob456 talk 14:48, 27 March 2021 (UTC)
- Looks good! Go for it. :D Season Fourteen (talk) 19:39, 27 March 2021 (UTC)
- Hi, I have imported those policies but one thing I didn't know existed was Law and Order:Policies and guidelines which all seem to link off to Memory Alpha. Which ones would you prefer? It may be easier potentially for users to visit policies on this wiki rather than another one. :) --Spongebob456 talk 13:00, 30 March 2021 (UTC)
Restricted editing suggestion[edit source]
It might be time to consider making this wiki's editing for users only. I've noticed a significant amount of vandalism and poor editing, particularly when it comes to punctuation and spelling since the wiki was open for anyone to edit. Considering that there's now two shows in the franchise airing, it's crucial that editing is done well with no poor punctuation or spelling, shoddy layouts and vandalism. Sonya Paxton was vandalised with someone's opinion on her very recently, which could also just be someone being a troll. Up to you as you're admin but I would strongly consider it to avoid further vandalism as nobody would go to that much effort to make an account just to vandalise. And if they do, you can ban their accounts from editing. Ryanfellowsfitts23 (talk) 01:45, 4 April 2021 (UTC)
- There are some IP users who have been very useful in their contributions. I think the wiki can afford to deal with a bunch of vandals; it's not like we're the only wiki who has had to deal with this on a regular basis. Don't worry, I'll be sure to crack down on vandals when I see them. If you think I missed someone, let me know and I'll take care of them too. Season Fourteen (talk) 09:25, 5 April 2021 (UTC)
Messing up with Amanda Rollins, Apologize letter.[edit source]
Hi, I tried to contact you with my pervious user account with SergeantJ.Sharp and you blocked me from editing so, I want to let you that I’m apologizing for messing Amanda Rollins page up. I will not do again now on, so can you unblock my previous account please?
- Why did you even do that? Season Fourteen (talk) 08:10, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
- There's a preview button at the bottom of your editing screen. Make sure to use it next time. I've downgraded your block to a one-day ban. I will also indefinitely ban your current account, because users are only allowed one account at a time. Season Fourteen (talk) 08:26, 11 April 2021 (UTC)
Deleting pages[edit source]
Please stop deleting created pages if there is nothing wrong with them. It means more work trying to recreate them, which is extremely frustrating. If there is nothing wrong with them, please leave them alone or edit them if you have to. Ryanfellowsfitts23 (talk) 01:34, 18 April 2021 (UTC)
- They have been found to be created by sockpuppet accounts. I'm sorry if you have to keep recreating the articles, but all sockpuppet edits are to be undone or deleted, regardless of intent. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:37, 18 April 2021 (UTC)
- Sorry for the late reply. What exactly are sockpuppet accounts? If their edits do violate this wiki, maybe they should be banned from editing here. It will really save a lot of time adding episode appearances to character pages, new pages for characters or actors/actresses among other things. Ryanfellowsfitts23 (talk) 02:09, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
- It's a term for an alternate account created by someone solely for the purpose of evading an existing ban on another account they've been using. In this case, the original account has long been indefinitely banned, but they've managed to circumvent that by creating alternate accounts. I would love to indefinitely ban the IP address they're editing from, but it's pretty clear they're using a tool that allows them to use as many alternate IP addresses as they can, because there have also been IP sockpuppets that I had to block, and I am not too well-versed in computers to know how to track down their actual IP address. I only know it's that same user because of their editing style and the way they choose to title their user accounts, if applicable.
- In other words, the only way I can see this will stop is if the user gets the message that their edits are not welcome and they decide to move on. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:12, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
- How complicated for us and sneaky on their behalf. If you want, I can let them know that their edits are not welcome if you give me their usernames. It's just complicated having to recreate pages for characters that are of prominence to an episode or series and actors/actresses that have starred in the franchise. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem but my anxiety has been up and down lately and I'm busy as a recently hired disability support worker so edits and pages I make lately are very limited compared to previous edits as I've been exhausted. All my edits are done on my phone as I use my computer for playing Sims and work only so I wouldn't have a clue how to IP ban. Maybe the other admin might. Ryanfellowsfitts23 (talk) 03:56, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
- I block everything as soon as I see them, including their talk page privileges, so I don't think contacting them there will be of any help. I'll let you know when I detect another sockpuppet so that you can talk to them before they're blocked, but given how far they've gone to be such a nuisance (and with their clear disregard over the possibility of making contact with me or any other admin to possibly work out something), I'm not sure if that'll be of any use either. Season Fourteen (talk) 06:29, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
- I know, right? Imagine. Season Fourteen (talk) 01:29, 25 April 2021 (UTC)
Hey S14! I was messaged by the user ContributingHelperOnTheSide who doesn't understand why they were blocked. I just wanted to make you aware really and if you'd be willing to clarify that to them they would be grateful. Thanks! :) --Spongebob456 talk 08:23, 21 April 2021 (UTC)
- They were blocked because they were found to be a sockpuppet account created by an IP-hopping edit-warrior due to a number of similarities in editing style. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:37, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- Oh ok so they are a sockpuppet of an IP editor who didn't make good edits to the wiki yeah? Just checking into it as the user is saying they tried to follow the rules and want to improve. Would you be able to just clarify your reasoning to them on their wall on Central at all? Ideally with the Fandom Rules and Blocking policy if you could point to a policy they broke either as an IP editor or user then that will strenghen the argument. --Spongebob456 talk 10:54, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
- They've shown an unwillingness to use the talk page at all. I don't see how that would help. Season Fourteen (talk) 05:59, 24 May 2021 (UTC)
- See the above discussion. I later judged it to be a case of mistaken identity. Season Fourteen (talk) 19:29, 25 May 2021 (UTC)
- If by mistaken identity you mean you figured i was another user sockpuppeting the site, then alright. To be honest, that confuses me without knowing more detail. Actually, um, if I am going to explain myself, I should clarify a few things.
- You have a problem with my usage of a few different devices? I should notice you I just happened to have more than one, I switched between them out of convenience. I still go by a couple now. In fact, getting access back to my account, which I had forgotten the username of at the time because it's so long, was meant to hopefully reach you and clarify an understanding of the site and admins' expectations. I do see that you have a thorough, business-like process in monitoring and maintenance, certainly in formatting you try to cover your t's and i's. If you have set rules in matching that formatting and permissible content that meets the site as encyclopedic, that's my bad for not checking up on that, so I apologize where I did cross necessary lines. You saw also that i was trying to make pages, along with the descriptions i was putting in not seeming to make enough sense given the material at hand. First, the pages I meant to add were meant to be more crucial to the episodes and plots in question. I never knew infoboxes were reserved for admins, so you telling me that helped. But when i was going through the pages, i was hoping to swiftly make them, spruce them up, and finalize the formatting and categories. I didn't work fast enough for the site apparently, and you must've misunderstood when i was making the pages, i was going to go back later and finish the presentation, check the content, etc. and so forth. Partly why i saved the pages early in formatting was to not lose the content in question. The councilor you've been in contact with who has been helping me through this told me to reach you on Community. I then figured if you wouldn't reply, i could at least hope for mentioning missing content that would be significant to the site.
- You don't have to worry about me altercating with you, this really is what i meant to communicate. So even if you don't agree or let back in, thank you for dropping the blocks so i could send this to you. Even if you don't agree with how I've done things, if you would work out a middle ground with me, let me know what you can handle and i can tell you how that fits my abilities and intentions, that'd be understanding of you to compromise. We can talk about who does what, how and why, because that's what i meant going into this. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 19:36, 25 May 2021 (UTC)
FandomDesktop: Theme Designer[edit source]
I have a new update on FandomDesktop for you - this time about Theme Designer.
This is designed to take advantage of new features and aspects of FandomDesktop, including Light and Dark theme support. There is also an update on user preferencing for Light and Dark theming. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks! :) --Spongebob456 talk 09:50, 18 May 2021 (UTC)
ContributingHelperOnTheSide's edits[edit source]
Please, I'm asking You to check ContributingHelperOnTheSide's edits in SVU and Criminal Intent's ripped from the headline pages. He is messing up. He makes links between episodes and real-life cases that are way too generic. Please do something, I can help if You wish. ThomasBisaschi (talk) 13:09, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
- Hello. I'm the user in question. Would you like to collaborate and discuss ripped from the headlines? And Season Fourteen, would you like to continue you and me discussing and me giving you notices, or is it all fine now? ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 15:24, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
Some of Your edits in the Criminal Intent page are spot-on, which is why I left them where they were (e.g. Richard Kuklinski and Jeffrey MacDonald), but I took a look at the SVU page and the comparisons are VERY arbitrary. Could You please write down here a list of the real-life cases and episodes of SVU (or other L&O series) You compared? So that we can analyze each comparison. Thanks. ThomasBisaschi (talk) 16:06, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
We should really introduce some kind of rules for comparisons between episodes and real-life cases, or else the ripped from the headlines pages will be filled with arbitrary similarities. Another solution would be to directly contact L&O writers for a list of real-life cases that inspired the episodes, then block the ripped from the headline pages once and for all. ThomasBisaschi (talk) 9:23, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
- I agree. Season Fourteen (talk) 19:27, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- Replying to what you left on ThomasBisaschi's talk page: do you prefer any changes in what to do or self-scrutiny I go by that you need on the site? You wanna clarify any particulars? It's difficult to communicate and work by different schedules than the rest of you, but if you find I'm overstepping and you don't like even a single additional thing out of place, i can hear that out. It's harder to guess after all. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 19:50, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- Don't get mad, but the councilor who helped me by communicating with you, I've let them know the site is having trouble with staffing and edit-warring. Granted, I probably didn't speak to where everyone's coming from precisely well since it's difficult to keep track with users' moods and talks going back and forth here, so that's my bad if it's true. But the site really does deserve a better intervention if Fandom admins can assist in or provide that. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 19:59, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- Honestly, I think you should shift your focus away from these ripped from the headlines articles and putting a little more emphasis on editing and creating other articles, which you appear to have started doing. The wiki doesn't have a staffing problem, it has an article problem, and we could use more people to help make this wiki as complete as possible. Season Fourteen (talk) 20:15, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- If you noticed, I haven't "gone crazy with" the rips lately. Yes, I'm making more articles, even taking the chance with infoboxes which you said are reserved for admins, but at this point I don't know what i can do perfectly or best within the lesser reign i have as a more civilian user than an admin like you. So at this point, I'm more giving notices, sticking to formatting, and trying to be careful with the site and users period, but I'm starting to give up on a few things here and there and I don't wanna drop off the edge of guidelines anytime soon, so I'm going off how i cna best even out and watching to correct my mistakes. And I mean staffing in the sense there's not many staff in the wiki managing it and trouble with keeping track of and coordinating the users. You're right, more people need to be on here and work together, and the site's underdeveloped with many missing articles and some missing organization, so I put a word in to the councilor. They said they'd likely mention it higher up around the time they're promoting the new Fandom features. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 20:29, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Thank you at least for agreeing with the articles I put up. What you see as I left was my intention all along when i first started editing on the site, even before i remembered and again got access to my account. So it's great you're glad with the pages I've added, I hoped to add crucial characters and plotlines that were missing. I was even gonna try to get to Harry Rowan, Sr., nice that ThomasBisaschi beat me to it, the article looks great. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 20:32, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Previous Pages Deleted[edit source]
You don't have to do this, nor "owe" me this, but i do have a small favor to ask you, Season Fourteen: if you know the devices i was using and tracked the addresses when i was anonymous based off the formatting before i reached out to you on the account, would you be okay with letting me know the history of edits i did there that you undid? It's not important or mandatory, but just so i know partly for not making the worse edits and uploads again and also for if they're ever attempted again, not necessarily by me, with proper procedure and formatting, I'd get a better sense of how it works, maybe i could actually be a "contributing helper on the side" literally and not jump into posting before you have a chance to clear it and spruce it up.
I remember pages for Contact, Users, Wrong Is Right, Secrets Exhumed, Disappearing Acts, and Dead. I don't know what else, if anything else. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 17:10, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
Law and Order Podcasts[edit source]
I truly apologize, i forgot to mention this to you: there is an SVU podcast officially produced and endorsed by NBC, it directly features the major cast and crew. https://www.nbc.com/law-and-order-special-victims-unit/exclusives/svu-podcast The podcast I was talking about by the fans, the one that still seems cliché and not fully competent but isn't far off by much, it's titled "These Are Their Stories". http://www.lawandorderpodcast.com/ There's another one called "That's Messed Up" on Exactly Right Media, but that's the most fan-based based one out of the three, seems like you'd least trust that one. Since SVU has its own podcast from the channel that broadcasts it, would you want to make an article? Do you want me to do it for you? ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 19:51, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
- We don't make articles on podcasts. But if they say something that hasn't actually been confirmed on the show, then it would be considered a reliable source and the information can be included in the appropriate article(s). Season Fourteen (talk) 22:59, 27 May 2021 (UTC)
- Even so, we don't make articles on any sort of behind-the-scenes stuff outside of the production crew. Season Fourteen (talk) 19:22, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- I suppose that's reasonable, but I don't see what use it will have that official interviews doesn't. Season Fourteen (talk) 20:12, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- Well, that's more my point, it's additional interviews, maybe with more unreleased content the site is missing. Oh, by the way, looks like the fanmade podcast is on the site under These Are Their Stories, I don't know how much you approve of that. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 20:22, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
- If it's just one user promoting it, that's okay. But if any external resources are going to be presented on the wiki's front page, then it should be official stuff. Season Fourteen (talk) 21:36, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Figured you still wanted the notice they're here. These Are Their Stories is the name of the http://www.lawandorderpodcast.com/ podcast, not the https://www.nbc.com/law-and-order-special-victims-unit/exclusives/svu-podcast podcast. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 22:15, 2 June 2021 (UTC)
Arrangement for Discussion[edit source]
I'm making my own unofficial motion for a time to discuss the wiki, its contents, management, and communication. You, me and ThomasBisaschi. It's not something i mandate, but I'm requesting and insisting, we have to communicate, find a time the three of us can best even our perspectives and divide and collaborate in labors on the wiki here. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 15:37, 29 May 2021 (UTC)
- We're going back and forth between edits, we need to make time and discuss it at that time. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 15:56, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
Hey! Just to let you know I'll be creating MediaWiki:Fandomdesktop.css to allow for FandomDesktop user testing soon. I may also make further minor changes to the wiki to accommodate FandomDesktop. Any questions, please let me know! :) --Spongebob456 talk 09:31, 1 June 2021 (UTC)
Silver Lining[edit source]
- I told you before, I don't watch Criminal Intent. If there any CI-related questions that you might have, DO NOT take them to me. I'm very likely to not know the answer. Season Fourteen (talk) 02:49, 7 June 2021 (UTC)
Photos and Videos[edit source]
Do you know better resources for screencaps or maybe video links if the site ever uses them? The latter I doubt, but if you notice, I'm not particularly concise or resourceful with the images I'm putting on the site. Or would you rather add them yourself where I can't? ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 04:33, 5 June 2021 (UTC)
"Pedo Hotel" and Sarah Everard[edit source]
Since we still disagree, I'm leaving a notice hear instead of making another page change which could cross the edit warring line. I checked both Sarah Everard's disappearance and death as well as the transcript for Welcome to the Pedo Motel. I'm still convinced Sarah Everard's case partly inspired the episode. The murdered girl's underage and isn't white, but the investigation and fallout fits. Now, much of it was dedicated to Emmett Till, as the show's addressing the hate being fought in current times, we can't ignore those details. But in the episode, Cerinda passed by a bus, her corpse was found in a bag, her murder was spontaneous and aggressive, and there was a huge uproar over how streets weren't safe to walk at night in certain areas, like calling out Sarah Everard's killer, Wayne Couzens, for indecent exposure at a fast food restaurant. Furthermore, there was social media outrage, but that was over what makes a street safe and when for whom, but the shit storm was the protests in the area, which the police were called out for badly handling. Sarah Everard still seems to be seriously likely as an inspiration. Unless there's an underage girl of minority race, she disappeared and was found murdered under similar circumstances, but by the timeline, Sarah Everard can still fit. The show had plenty of time to write a script and film an episode based off her last moments and the fallout. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 07:06, 9 June 2021 (UTC)
- And i found another case, from years ago, but if you wanted to prove me wrong, I feel compelled to mention the similarities. Adre-Anna Jackson disappeared in a dangerous area with sex offenders and drug addicts, and her skeleton was found a year later in a thicket, she was identified by dental records. Other than similarities, her case also was on FBI most wanted until 2019, but a cash reward of several hundred grand was offered in 2020. Maybe the crew found out and got inspired. Maybe you believe her case more than Sarah Everard. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 04:36, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
SVU "Trials"[edit source]
Diary of a Rapist (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112743/), a mid-90s Italian shock. I don't know many details, but basics seem to be related to Noah Sibert. Raping and seducing a woman, raping other women. I'm not saying it's related, but maybe it should be checked out, even if it's a long shot for the franchise period. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 00:35, 16 June 2021 (UTC)
Article and Headline Rips About Struggles and Cases[edit source]
https://www.propublica.org/article/who-is-this-monster With it being tough to elaborate it on my own, here's an article I'm leaving that could significantly relate to numerous episodes. They're long pages, but there's only three, links at the bottom lead to the next one. Written like a millennial drama movie, but maybe there are serial rape and sex offense neglect cases that match. ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk) 03:27, 16 June 2021 (UTC)
I'm leaving this here so you don't have to stress about checking and erasing it on the page: I still stand to Adolfo Constanzo being the inspiration for Lydia Wyatt on "The Healer", but maybe you or someone else would see some relation to con artist and serial proxy killer Geraldine Parrish. – The preceding unsigned comment was added by ContributingHelperOnTheSide (talk • contribs).
- For the last time, that's Criminal Intent and Criminal Intent is NOT my forte. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:25, 19 June 2021 (UTC)
- No. I don't need your notifications. Just stop it. Season Fourteen (talk) 03:57, 20 June 2021 (UTC)