|←||SVU, Episode 3.02||→|
|Production number: E2314|
First aired: 5 October 2001
| Written By|
Jean de Segonzac
After three murder victims are connected to Benson's past cases, it's believed that the killer is seeking revenge on the detective.
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- John Doman as Special Agent Rod Franklin
- Lee Shepherd as Mr. Platt
- Richard Joseph Paul as Adam Cordell
- Ebony Jo-Ann as Mrs. Harding
- Daryl Edwards as Group Home Leader
- Divina Cook as Mrs. Barrantes
- Ben Gazzara as E.A.D.A.
- Justin Kirk as Eric Plummer
- Orlagh Cassidy as Valerie Plummer
- Melissa Maxwell as Bank Manager
- L. Trey Wilson as Bruce Derricks
- Patrick Husted as Warehouse Landlord
- Larry Block as Lonnie
- Hassan Johnson as Junior
- Jernard Burks as Russell Williams
- Denise Bessette as Janice
- John Bianco as Victor Klaussen
- Larry Mitchell as Book Seller
- Stephen Paul Johnson as Dr. Lawrence
- Brent Meyer as Michael Washington
- Ed Bogdanowicz as ESU Officer
- Rob Leo Roy as Dr. Talbot
- Irene Mazeski as Shirley
- Michael McCauley as FBI Agent #2
- Dave Trovato as FBI Agent #1
- Carmella Barrantes (victim, previously rape victim)
- Peter Cordell (victim, father of rape victim)
- Tina Cordell (rape and murder victim of Klaussen)
- Clayton Derricks (victim, previously abuse victim)
- Starling Car Service
- Benson: We've gotten warrants based on less, why are you stonewalling?
- Cabot: This is different and you know it. Once a judge hears the suspect's history, he's gonna bend over backwards for the guy.
- Benson: I saw him, Alex. Plummer is stalking me.
- Cabot: How did he know where you were when he was in the interview room being questioned?
- Benson: He must've overheard.
- Cabot: Okay, how many businesses are in the area near Chauncey's?
- Benson: I don't know, several. Why? Where are you going with this?
- Cabot: Any decent defense attorney is going to say that Mr. Plummer was in the area running errands, that it was just a coincidence.
- Benson: He has killed four people and we're doing nothing.
- Cabot: How many drinks did you have? Olivia, the system made a mistake before, now everything we do is under a microscope.
- Benson: I wasn't drunk.
- Stabler: I didn't tell you about the detail because I knew you'd refuse.
- Benson: Only the rat-squad puts cops on other cops, Elliot, without telling them. I deserve better than that. Especially from you.
- Stabler: You've been under a lot of stress lately...
- Benson: I've always backed your play.
- Stabler: And I did what I had to do. The guy's murdered four people, what's to stop him from coming after you, Olivia?
- Benson: If you can't trust your partner, Elliot, it's time to get a new one.
- Benson: I'm fine.
- Stabler: I'm not. Some low-life's out to get you.
- Benson: If he wanted to take me out, he would've tried it already.
- Stabler: What about some dinner?
- Benson: When was the last time your kids saw your ugly mug?
- Stabler: Come on, I'll set an extra plate.
- Benson: Nah, see you tomorrow.
|“||We blame all kinds of people for creating monsters. Why not ourselves?||”|
- Benson: You worried about something?
- Cragen: Your safety.
- Eric Plummer: I was innocent.
- Olivia Benson: Yes, you were, but then you killed four innocent people.
- Eric Plummer: Three innocent people, and one child abuser. I thought cops cared about the facts.
- Munch: The victims were pumped full of potassium chloride. Death was painless.
- Tutuola: Like that makes a difference.
|“||It wasn't your name stenciled on that door, so whose ass are you really covering?||”|
- Stabler: Let's go.
- Benson: I can't, got to give my statement.
- Stabler: I'll take it.
- Benson: You, leave me alone.
Background information and notes
- This is the second episode in which Detective Olivia Benson has a stalker. Her first stalker was Richard White in the first season episode "Stalked". This is also the second time that she is forced to shoot a suspect, and the last fatal officer-involved shooting she is directly involved in until 2017.
- This is actor Ned Eisenberg's first appearance as Defense Attorney Roger Kressler. He played several other Defense Attorneys throughout the Law & Order franchise.
- Huang tells Olivia that he had a "close call" in which a prisoner nearly killed him before being stopped by the guards. A very similar incident occurs to him (again) when he and Stabler interview Death Row inmate Matthew Brodus in "Execution."
Episode scene cards
Home of Adam Cordell
West 125th Street
Heaven Scent Flowers
Lonnie's Bail Bonds
Office of Executive Assistant
Home of Eric Plummer
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|